Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
If you have an iPhone I canā€™t recommend the twraps MagSafe charger enough. Itā€™s a big improvement having two reliable spots for charging + they stay put with MagSafe.
When they have a one spot charger with divided compartments on the passenger side for your various stuff, Iā€™ll get one. Zero need for 2 chargers here.

Back on topic, the parting gift sounds like a nice touch. In all likelihood Iā€™ll never see it as that would require the only dealer here actually agree to do a recall.

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
The ones that had this recall done twice prior to it being a recall should our parting gift's be in the mail? ;) That salt hurts.

Edit: Just noted a different revised D part to the C we received. What trim is your?
My HVJB failed right after the recall happened. Can you elaborate on this and what I should look for on my paperwork?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I'm guessing the "new charging mat" is just a thinner rubber insert. I've always speculated the distance created between the thick mat and a phone case is probably what causes the heat/slow charge rate.

I have no actual idea what it is though, and also curious what you'll actually receive.
I did notice the 2023 loaner charging mat looked different.

It also did charge my phone through my case and with a card holder on the back of my case.

My 2021 wonā€™t charge like that.

I did the recall and got my car a week ago. No freebies yet.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
I suspect you are correct if they are letting you install it yourself, and no, it won't fix the issue. I tried the AOSK mat, no difference, my iPhone 13 pro and now iPhone 15 pro just heat up, not charge (I've had the so-called software update to fix this as well). My wife's iPhone 12 mini charges just a little bit. And I've tried without any mat, no difference. It's not important enough for me based on my driving pattern, but it will be for others.
I find if I shove my iPhone 13 Pro as far right as I can, *then* angle the bottom / to the left a bit, the charge indicator (glowing battery) comes on. If I just drop it down there, nope.

not too big of an angle, just a / touch... Main thing is not to 'even' it up to the sides.

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
My HVJB failed right after the recall happened. Can you elaborate on this and what I should look for on my paperwork?
Did some searching around at it looks like I got the same repair OP did with NK4Z*10C666*DRM The D or C appears to just be the trim of the car. But we both got the TSB 23-2257 repair, and the RM is for remanufactured. The newer TSB 23-2348 is just D, with no RM.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ehicle-soon-or-stop-safely-now-message.30078/

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ehicle-soon-or-stop-safely-now-message.31734/

So I guess the newest TSB isn't necessary?

Kangio

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium ER
Country flag
The only gift I got, after the dealer having my car since Monday, was a call today informing me the part is now on back order and not expected in until Feb 23rd. The only good news is that they had not already taken my car apart, so I will be able to drive it next month while waiting. What's odd is that when I dropped off (after Ford notified me ) the car the service team insisted they had parts already allocated for my car.

rhougey

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Prem RWD, 1968 Mustang, 2014 Ram 1500
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I took my car in on Tuesday to complete the high voltage junction box recall along with a couple other recalls that were on my VIN and and get my tires rotated and they were done with it on Thursday. They provided me with a 2023 Ford escape to drive in the meantime and I'm now waiting to get it washed. The service tech said a new program started today and Ford is providing all Mach E owners that complete the recall with a free car wash, 30,000 Ford pass reward points, a new mobile phone charging mat with the latest design and a $50 gift card to reimburse for gas or charging for the loaner vehicle. I am very impressed and this was completely unexpected so thank you to @Ford Motor Company!!

View attachment 115327

20240118_155044.jpg

20240118_155110.jpg
I also dropped my car for the HVBJB recall on Tuesday. They expected the job to take 2 days, but Wednesday, I got a call that their FDRS was down, and they couldn't start until they had access to FDRS. I have confirmed they have a new "F" part (RWD), and they are supposedly working on it now. Looks to me like it's gonna wind up being a week rather than two days. No mention at all yet of any sort of "gift" from Ford. I'm gonna try not to expect anything, and hope to be surprised as you were.

OP
OP

Jayally

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX5 GT, 2019 Dodge Challenger SXTplus
Occupation
Field Manager
Country flag
Almost enough to make me want to spend the $600 on the Air Design front lip, almost.

I'm going to save them to buy the Tesla Super charging adapter. :)

OP
OP

Jayally

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX5 GT, 2019 Dodge Challenger SXTplus
Occupation
Field Manager
Country flag
Did some searching around at it looks like I got the same repair OP did with NK4Z*10C666*DRM The D or C appears to just be the trim of the car. But we both got the TSB 23-2257 repair, and the RM is for remanufactured. The newer TSB 23-2348 is just D, with no RM.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ehicle-soon-or-stop-safely-now-message.30078/

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ehicle-soon-or-stop-safely-now-message.31734/

So I guess the newest TSB isn't necessary?
The recall is only for certain 2021-2022 Extended range RWD cars (what I have) and GT models built between May 27, 2020, and May 24, 2022. I rarely supercharge and don't do very long wide open pedal trips so I've not had any issues but wanted to get this done just in case. I'm surprised how quickly the service department was able to do it and already had the parts. The biggest delay was waiting until they got one of their loaners back, they thought I had to drive a MME but it didn't matter to me. The Ford Escape ST is pretty nice. :)

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/recall/recalls-and-faqs/23s56-mustang-mach-e-2021-2022-and-gt-2020-2022-overheating-battery-system-recall/#:~:text=What is the issue tied,extended-range and GT models.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
just get a MagSafe compatible case for your android phone. Will work the same way.
Or just get one of those stick-on MagSafe-compatible rings and stick it onto your current case. šŸ˜ŠšŸ©

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I'm confused. I got the original recall notice, but I though Ford was supposed to inform me when the new parts were available. Do I need to call the dealership?

@Ford Motor Company - this seems like something you might be qualified to answer.

Jeff-NoVA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I'm confused. I got the original recall notice, but I though Ford was supposed to inform me when the new parts were available. Do I need to call the dealership?

@Ford Motor Company - this seems like something you might be qualified to answer.
youā€™re probably going to have to be proactive here. I brought my car into the dealer after they told me they had the parts, then they told me they ran out of the parts and it was going to be a two week wait. They said they would call me, of course they did not and I had to call them to make the follow up appointment.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
youā€™re probably going to have to be proactive here. I brought my car into the dealer after they told me they had the parts, then they told me they ran out of the parts and it was going to be a two week wait. They said they would call me, of course they did not and I had to call them to make the follow up appointment.
I'll give it a couple more weeks. I'm waiting to see if Ford offers another round of free BlueCruise updating at the dealership, just like last time. Two birds one stone.
Sponsored