John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1st car: 1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E X Premium
Occupation
Retired Master Certified Heavy Truck Technician
Country flag
We live in hot & humid Florida. The A/C works well set at 75 degrees in the summer. No heat comes in through the roof glass. Since we live in Florida, we don't have to worry about the cold. :cool:
Sponsored

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
I put a 50% additional tint on the roof on delivery. The car is no hotter or cooler than my truck that's got a steel roof.

However 'cool' you may think the glass roof is, you'll NEVER notice it, like, ever. Your rear passengers may enjoy it but the front seats can't view out of it unless you're reclining way back and looking up.

dimes4slim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium,18 Beetle Dune-now sold
Occupation
Retired Bean Counter
Country flag
We often have 100+ degrees in the summer here in inland Southern California. The car stays far cooler than ANY car I have had in the past. The windshield also blocks the sun's heat (and transponders) to the point that I don't even use a reflective windshield screen any more.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I wanted to chime in as i've gotten around to installing my roof shade and noticed a few things i didn't expect.

1. The black shade as just a shade gets hot(ter) than just the glass roof. I noticed this as the very top of my head would be hot, not warm but 'dang it it's hot', from the sun while driving. This was combated by turning the middle vents up and turning the fans up to blow air on it. This in turn removed cool air from me, making me hotter. So the black shade runs hot when just working as a solar shade to cut down sun glare.
2. The gray shade (yeah I bought 2 because, whoops!) of the same brand not actually a problem.
3. I put the solar reflector shade thing in the black shade (really it doesn't matter which shade I would have put this in but the solar reflectors bottom side is black so it looks funny through the gray see through fabric. But with the solar silver reflector thing in this car stays very nicely cool. On 100 degree days the AC hardly needs to blow after 3 to 5 minutes of driving.
I havn't put it through the paces in a parking lot for 5 hours at 115+ yet, but it's just around the corner I assume.
Sponsored