Headroom WITHOUT glass roof

PizzaCake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda3
Country flag
Has anyone sat in or found measurements for the headroom in a Select model with just the metal roof? I'm curious how much less it is compared to the glass roof. I'm thinking about getting a metal roof in the GT but all of the pictures/videos I've seen so far only have glass roofs.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
OP
OP

PizzaCake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda3
Country flag
Thanks macchiaz-o, I must not have scrolled down far enough before. Here are the specs. They don't list the units, I'm going to assume it's mm.

No Glass Roof​
Glass Panoramic Roof​
Front headroom
987​
1,028​
Rear headroom
972​
997​

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, SR, RWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
So to help us poor math-impaired people, that's 1.6 inches if my calcs are correct? We're not tall folks (5' 10 " for me and 5' 0" for her) but perhaps there's an additional airiness inside from the glass roof? We have a Premium on order, but were actually considering the Select since we really didn't see any specific benefit from the glass roof.

OP
OP

PizzaCake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda3
Country flag
Assuming those measurements are in mm from the seat to the ceiling, in inches they would be:

No Glass Roof​
Glass Panoramic Roof​
Front headroom
38.9"​
40.5"​
Rear headroom
38.3"​
39.3"​

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
5'10" Having sat in the back of our select and a premium demo I have to say if you don't intend to haul a 6 footer in the back seat daily the glass roof is of little issue. Here in Florida I do not want one, as it is I need to get the windows tinted darker as the hate from the sun just thru the side glass can be a little on the intense side. Even the 5 year old has complained about needing darker tint on the sides of the back. Roof glass, no thanks.
Sponsored