Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Space White RWD ER (Spark-E), 2004 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No, if the garage always stays between 32-104ºF then the battery is happy. You'd only do it for your own comfort or if you needed an extra few miles of range.
Thanks!
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I feel like this may have been answered in some thread or another, I searched precondition 120, but does pre conditioning work at all over 120v? If I’m fully charged to whatever I set, say 80% and I have it set to precondition in the AM, will the 120v be enough to keep me at 80% state of charge?
The WSM says the car may draw power from the HVB to supplement shore power while preconditioning on L1 (120v) service.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
As an example....
Difference in range when car is parked off plug and remote started prior to driving vs when car is parked on plug and settings adjusted so the car will cool the battery (if necessary, remote started on plug and departure times enabled when applicable.

This is Phoenix area where temps are consistently well over 100 degrees. When Fall arrives, I should see well over 300 miles of range on the GOM again....
First Edition (AWD EX)

Screenshot_20210702-073321_FordPass.jpg

Screenshot_20210730-071755_FordPass.jpg

Rapid Ed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Country flag
I don't believe you need to charge every night. I've read a lot of things over the last several years that say the battery has only so many cycles (charges) to it's life. So, I've only had the car for a few weeks now. But I'm only charging once I get around 60%. I find it 2 or 3 nights a week is fine for me.

As for the 120v. My GUESS is it is enough to keep you charge leveled. But good question and it would only take the experiment of one morning to find out. Let us know.
I will once I get a car. No build date yet. Thanks for the battery info, all this is new to me.
Sponsored