Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Weirdly this morning my car started preconditioning for an 8:15AM departure, but no departure was set. It timed out on its at 8:30AM.
I looked at my ChargePoint and confirmed that it actually did draw power, so it must have done it.
Has anyone had this happen before?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Phantom Preconditioning? A0E7504F-F052-4980-8FF1-AD6F225F616D
Sponsored

First_MME_in_2021

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
Hi, I found your post when trying to solve a pre-conditioning mystery myself! I've had my MME for a week and a half now and I have it set to pre-condition for 6:55am M-F. It's worked great and exactly on time; however, this AM, I got the notice that my cabin was pre-conditioned at 6:10, a full 45 minutes early. I have no idea why when it's set for 6:55. Very strange! Did your ever repeat it's mystery pre-conditioning?

Dylancch

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
I have the same issue, but I also have a metered plug so I can see what the car is requesting from the grid and the car does nothing. So I'm guessing this is just in the app

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi, I found your post when trying to solve a pre-conditioning mystery myself! I've had my MME for a week and a half now and I have it set to pre-condition for 6:55am M-F. It's worked great and exactly on time; however, this AM, I got the notice that my cabin was pre-conditioned at 6:10, a full 45 minutes early. I have no idea why when it's set for 6:55. Very strange! Did your ever repeat it's mystery pre-conditioning?
That is so weird. Thankfully it hasn’t happened again. I wonder if it’s a glitch in the cars software. Do you have the 1.7.1 update?

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have the same issue, but I also have a metered plug so I can see what the car is requesting from the grid and the car does nothing. So I'm guessing this is just in the app
That’s good to know. In my case it did actually draw power.

First_MME_in_2021

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
That is so weird. Thankfully it hasn’t happened again. I wonder if it’s a glitch in the cars software. Do you have the 1.7.1 update?
Glad it hasn't happened to you again. I tried to see what software version I have, but that screen simply says i'm up-to-date. Maybe it doesn't show a version number until after your first OTA update?

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Glad it hasn't happened to you again. I tried to see what software version I have, but that screen simply says i'm up-to-date. Maybe it doesn't show a version number until after your first OTA update?
Ya you if you haven't received any updates yet it will say that. When was your car built?

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
I am guessing here, but I think many of the issues may be related to the recent issues with various web platforms.

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am guessing here, but I think many of the issues may be related to the recent issues with various web platforms.
Possibly, but the departure times exist on the car and are synced from the cloud. So the cloud doesn’t tell the car to precondition, it just tells it the times.

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
Possibly, but the departure times exist on the car and are synced from the cloud. So the cloud doesn’t tell the car to precondition, it just tells it the times.
Correct, and the "cloud" is what seems to be having issues. So it may be sending incorrect commands to the car.

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Correct, and the "cloud" is what seems to be having issues. So it may be sending incorrect commands to the car.
It’s definitely possible.
Sponsored