Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Isn’t that how it already works?
Nope, at least not from my experience. When you remote start it turns on everything.

I constantly park out in the middle of nowhere. I am waaaaaay out of PAAK range and I can see my car with all its lights on and the radio jamming away.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Nope, at least not from my experience. When you remote start it turns on everything.

I constantly park out in the middle of nowhere. I am waaaaaay out of PAAK range and I can see my car with all its lights on and the radio jamming away.
You should probably have your dealer check that out because that's not how mine works. I just tried it to confirm. The parking lights turn on, and the HVAC fires up, but the center screen and radio do not turn on.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I’m out and about so I’ll have to start the car and turn on my airplane mode and double check.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Why would you have to turn on airplane mode?
So I can walk to the car without the PAAK waking it up and turning stuff on.

I already think my car has some issues with it anyways. I keep my phone in the car with airplane on. When I’m ready to leave work I’ll turn airplane mode off. The car will turn its self on…. It is repeatable to a point. One time I had it power up and stay on. The last 3 times it’s powered up and then shut off fairly soon after. Just started doing that Monday of last week. After the car downloaded 13MB Sunday night.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
So I can walk to the car without the PAAK waking it up and turning stuff on.

I already think my car has some issues with it anyways. I keep my phone in the car with airplane on. When I’m ready to leave work I’ll turn airplane mode off. The car will turn its self on…. It is repeatable to a point. One time I had it power up and stay on. The last 3 times it’s powered up and then shut off fairly soon after. Just started doing that Monday of last week. After the car downloaded 13MB Sunday night.
Why would PaaK turn anything on besides the approach lighting? It sounds like your car definitely has some issues.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
You should probably have your dealer check that out because that's not how mine works. I just tried it to confirm. The parking lights turn on, and the HVAC fires up, but the center screen and radio do not turn on.
Same here. Sync doesn't turn on when remote started. However something happens because when I get in the car and press the start button then sync starts in a generic profile. I have to them press the profile button on the door to switch everything back to my settings.

Wouldn't surprise me if different cars behave in different ways...

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
sync starts in a generic profile.
I get the generic profiles all the time, I say it happens about 50% of the time. I don’t understand why either, it’s obvious it sees my PAAK.

I also have issues where my seat will only move like half an inch for whatever reason. My car sees it’s me because my profile picture loads, it just doesn’t set the seat. I’d say this happens maybe once a day or every other day, fairly frequently.

JimmyMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Hard to tell because my scanner doesn't connect during remote start. The compressor speed is way too high for only cabin cooling though. Next time I have the lower cover off then I will check the chiller to see if it is active. That should be a good clue. ??
You can open the car just to read the battery temperature with Car Scanner 2-3 hours before the remote start or preset preconditioning time, then check it again after departure.
Sponsored