trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Just a rendering, but thought I should share this so you can get ready for your next Zoom meeting.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GRABBER BLUE Mach-E Club GT
If they do the MAche 1 like they are talking it will sell like no tommorrow. A true mustang with o to 60 in 3 seconds. I would say the price tag would be in the 70,000 to 80,000 range but still, it would sell out quickly.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I went to the road show at Galpin in LA today. They had 3 MME. Star white, infinite blue and rapid red. The star white and infinite blue were super pretty. I was disappointed with the red. I was expecting it would be a very bright red but in fact it is kind of a dark red. Glad I chose grabber blue.

now the real fascinating part was I sat in a star white California Rt1. The car had a little over 3000 miles on it. The dash showed 61% battery left and 180 miles. If you extrapolate it appears that this car in this configuration gets way over 300 miles to a full charge. Someone smarter than me can figure it out.

with the back seats down and FYI it is the easiest car to put the seats down it appeared to have somewhere between 6-8 feet of space. That is a lot of space. The drink has a weird divider that is screwed in. I found the tablet rather intimidating but then again I have never driven an electric car. It is easy to use just do new to me that I can see spending a lot of time trying to figure it out.

this car is basically dependent on Sirrius for instant travel info unless you use Waze. I love the digital speedometer and battery gauge right in front of you. The 19inch tires on the rapid red one seem huge. They are Michelin. I could not tell which ones. It comes with a tire inflation kit and the charger. Both fit in a little space easily accessible in the trunk. The car appears to be the same size as an Edge. I am 6 ft and with the front seat all the way back I still had about 2-3 inches of foot space to the back of the seat. The car is crazy comfortable. Galpin installed a crap load of chargers but I was surprised but the do not have the DC charging capability. I assume it is level 2. I thought the button to open the doors was a real button but it is not really. You just touch it. You don’t really push it. You touch it and it opens. I have a fusion sport AWD.The MME feels more luxurious but not in a couch way. The windows and roof are heavily tinted.

the WORST part is that ford thinks it will take 4-6 weeks from build date to delivery. On the GOOD side the expect dealers to have test drive cars by the first or second week in December. When they arrive people with reservations will be called to make appointments to test drive them. Dealers have received STERN emails to NOT drive these cars. In short it was a great teaser and makes me even angrier that with a build date of December 4 I will likely not get it until end of January. So much for my Christmas present.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I thought the button to open the doors was a real button but it is not really. You just touch it. You don’t really push it. You touch it and it opens.
Nice "first sit" review!

Check it out again if you have the opportunity. I definitely recall push buttons on all four doors on the unit I sat in. If they were just a tap (e.g. capacitive), people wearing thick winter gloves would not be happy.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
now the real fascinating part was I sat in a star white California Rt1. The car had a little over 3000 miles on it. The dash showed 61% battery left and 180 miles. If you extrapolate it appears that this car in this configuration gets way over 300 miles to a full charge. Someone smarter than me can figure it out.

295 miles range I think

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
295 miles range I think
yup. 180/.61=295. BUT, if that was mostly from highway speeds that would put "combined" range well over 300. I need to pull the aero covers off when I get mine to see what the wheels look like underneath and to gauge the different fuel efficiency with them on and off to decide if their ugliness is warranted for the range bump.

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
What do you do when your wife tells you "I don't like the Grabber Blue but it's your car."?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
She says the color is very 80's. I recall the 80's as being fun.
Well retro is in these days, or so I understand from what the kids tell me.

Besides, they're trying to style the car after a 55 year old model so a 30 year throwback color makes sense.

Tell her it's "groovy" and "a happening scene" using your best Austin Powers voice. Yeah, that should work....
Sponsored