Grille logo will be running pony. Limited availability for Mach E?

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Yeah, just got the email and it showed the blue outlined pony logo again in the GIF graphic.

What was even more disappointing was this statement that went with it.

The availability of this exhilarating vehicle will be limited, so you already belong to an exclusive group that will receive content and be among the first to hear about our plans to reveal it.

Why would you hype this so much and create demand if you have no plans in meeting the demand?

If the Pony is on this with the name Mustang Mach-E and with limited production, I think Ford is setting itself up for failure. But, they make the big bucks with, I am assuming, data to support their decisions so what do I know? :(
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Here's the GIF emailed out by Ford today and accompanying text.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Grille logo will be running pony. Limited availability for Mach E? mache

It's Coming. And Fast!

Ford is changing the future of driving with our Mustang-inspired all-electric performance SUV. And we're excited you want to be part of this journey.

The availability of this exhilarating vehicle will be limited, so you already belong to an exclusive group that will receive content and be among the first to hear about our plans to reveal it.

Get ready!

Last edited:

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
I'd say that pretty well confirms it. And the covered over emblem on the front of the latest pics looks the right size.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Grille logo will be running pony. Limited availability for Mach E? 1573165285042

Abie915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT
Country flag
Limited availability? The Tesla Model Y will go on sale at roughly the same time, and will eat this thing alive if that’s the case.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Limited availability? The Tesla Model Y will go on sale at roughly the same time, and will eat this thing alive if that’s the case.
I can see the first year being limited production hopefully using the slower production rate to insure better quality car.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I'm just hoping this "limited availability" isn't one of those, we're selling it on the west coast first and everyone else gets to wait.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport (tuned)
Country flag
I do not thin the Mach E will be a high volume car. This might be a Ford Performance vehicle... and might be faster around the track, than a Mustang GT.

I am excited to see what Ford brings. If it is not too "techno-glow" and has actual performance, I might consider this.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
If it has limited availability, it really is a who cares then.

BadaBing

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang & Explorer
Country flag
I doubt it'll be limited availability. Ford invested billions into launching its full EV program and they need to recoup the massive development costs. You don't do that by purposely restricting sales. If it's limited availability at the outset because of early production constraints then I can understand. But those are two different reasons for limited availability.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport (tuned)
Country flag
Let me ask you both...

Would it be better for Ford to release their first EV to Hundreds of Thousands of People, and learn from all those manufacturing problems and support all those EV back-end at Dealers across the Country in a mad dash of being the forefront of EV cars…?
-or-
Release a small volume sports car as Ford's halo model. Showcasing Ford's commitment to Electric Vehicles, and grabbing tons of mindshare from across the Country. While Ford's Dealer network and suppliers work out their supply chains & logistics, before they release a high-volume EV for the masses...?

As such...
A low volume Halo Car will allow Ford to work out all the kinks, without being swamped by hundreds of thousands of recalls & Dealer break downs, if something is found to be wrong, etc.

Subsequently, the Mustang GT doesn't say Ford on it. It is just understood that it is a Ford. It is also universally understood to be a PERFORMANCE BRAND/MODEL. The heritage of the Ford mustang is long and diverse, but if you look at the Mach 1 Mustang.... was it a big seller, or limited in production..?

hint: Mach E

Last edited:

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Release a small volume sports car as Ford's halo model. Showcasing Ford's commitment to Electric Vehicles, and grabbing tons of mindshare from across the Country. While Ford's Dealer network and suppliers work out their supply chains & logistics, before they release a high-volume EV for the masses...?
I agree with you this is the best approach that way if there is a glitch it can be quickly managed.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The high performance/low volume aspect would make sense...if they were one of the first on the scene, but they're not. At this point, it's catch up time and they have to compete with Tesla, Rivian, and all the other big car brands that just announced a ton of EV cars at one of the big car events that just happened last month (can't recall the name, VW had quite a few announcements as well as others). I do think one of the biggest hurdles will be having enough knowledgeable technicians to service these vehicles.
Sponsored