sabat

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Ecoboost
Country flag
Given the different characteristics of the average GT and non-GT buyer, I wonder if a dedicated thread (or even a subforum) would be useful?

This might be appealing for folks that are interested in the GT & GT Performance Edition, and are overwhelmed with non-GT threads. I'm a FNG who visits occasionally, but maybe one of the forum regulars with a GT reservation could moderate.

Here's my own list of GT details:

GT (non-PE):

Standard features:
480hp, 600 trq, 0-60 in 3.8s, 250 mile range
20” wheels, 245 all-season tires, Brembo calipers
3/4” lower ride height
Bolstered Miko seats
Dark grille, front fascia, rear diffuser, color-matched wheelwell trim

GT-PE features:

480hp, 634 trq, 0-60 in ~3.5s, 235 mile range
PE-specific wheels, summer tires
Magneride suspension
PE-specific grille

Options:
Glass roof
Seat memory
360 camera
Park / Drive assist

Rumored?
Heat pump
Extra battery cooling
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
sabat

sabat

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Ecoboost
Country flag
Thanks. On your link the memory seat is listed as an option on the GT?

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Thanks. On your link the memory seat is listed as an option on the GT?
You’re right — the Ford site actually appears a bit conflicting and confusing. I see that memory seat is shown as O for one of the packages, but if you scroll down to Interior Features, it shows as S for the GT.
But I also see that indeed the cargo cover shows S in one place but as O in Interior Features — though I don’t particularly care about that one.
I sure hope that memory seat and power folding mirrors are Standard. Otherwise, the list of what-should-be-standard but is an option on the GT just keeps growing. I’m really worried that building up a GT with Performance package and features I would want (memory seats, pano roof, etc) is going to near $70k — at which point I’m out. I’ll pay a few grand more for the Rivian at that price point.
I’m not cross-shopping with the Model Y any more, but others are. If Tesla gets renewal of tax credits at $7k, the Model Y Performance vs a $70k MME GT PE becomes more appealing.

Hopefully Ford starts putting out info on option pricing for the GT soon in March and before the rumored start of orders in April.

OP
OP
sabat

sabat

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Ecoboost
Country flag
It is confusing, maybe there are option packages that aren't yet defined. Not a great look from Ford on that page. If we can't have more details, then what we do have should be correct.

I'm happy with the base features, but the glass roof would be fun. Mostly I want the AWD torque in a BEV with a back seat for adults.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
The specs for the GT on the ford site appear to have gone back n forth between various states so my main concern is that what should be standard ends up as an option as Ford USA have a habit of penny pinching and decontenting vehicles all too easily (my Focus ST & RS are a much lower spec compared to the euro versions).

Hopefully we get a full list of not only options but also details on the changes as there are currently a lot of unknowns for me in the performance make over credentials in regards to the steering and suspension setup that one expects from a performance model vs a base model.

If I feel the GT was overpriced for what we got, then I would have instead just gone with a premium instead, however with the showing of the Ioniq-5 that has pushed the thought of a premium further down my list, still not jumping ship just yet but with the unavoidable delays it has unfortutanly placed the launch of the GT in among a whole host of other pending BEVs launching.

I found the focus RS to be very disappointing in the end and as it is the vehicle that is to be replaced with the GT I have no intention of replacing one disappointment with another so hopefully ford makes the wait for the GT worthwhile..

silvercurves-1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW
Country flag
Quick question - has 245 width tire been confirmed for GT? For some reason I thought I saw 235 or even 225.

OP
OP
sabat

sabat

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Ecoboost
Country flag
Ford site lists 245s for the GT.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
So I lean towards not needing the PE version. Has anyone here been in a Mustang with magneride suspension and noticed any ride quality difference in a normally sprung mustang?

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
So I lean towards not needing the PE version. Has anyone here been in a Mustang with magneride suspension and noticed any ride quality difference in a normally sprung mustang?
Magneride Mustangs are pretty sought after since the damping can be adjusted based on driver preferences and conditions. I think they're especially nice if you track your car.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Magneride Mustangs are pretty sought after since the damping can be adjusted based on driver preferences and conditions. I think they're especially nice if you track your car.
See, that’s my rub. I like having a good suspension but I have zero interest in tracking this car. I don’t know if it’s worth it for me to go PE. The 3.5 is nice but would I miss .3 seconds? The wheels are awesome but do I want to pay for the entire package just for wheels?

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
To me there is a noticable difference, but I don't necessarily have a calibrated "back side". Check dealer stock and see if there are any in the area you can test drive.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
See, that’s my rub. I like having a good suspension but I have zero interest in tracking this car. I don’t know if it’s worth it for me to go PE. The 3.5 is nice but would I miss .3 seconds? The wheels are awesome but do I want to pay for the entire package just for wheels?
The glass roof was originally unavailable on the GTPE. Don't know if that's important to you or even if that's changed. YouTube tells me Magneride Mustangs are where it's at though for ride quality. I want it for sure since I bet the GT springs will make the car ride much more uncomfortably than a Premium.
Sponsored