4pac

First Name
Sphen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE/TeslaY
Country flag
I noticed that the GT doesnt have Parking assist or the 360 camera as options. If thats the case self driving software isnt going to be possible on the GT modeI when it gets updated. (it's supposedly coming in one of the first major over-the-air updates). I really wanted the GT but the premium has those options I want especially in the long run. You would think the more premium expensive car would have more or better options. Can anyone in the know shed light on this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I noticed that the GT doesnt have Parking assist or the 360 camera as options. If thats the case self driving software isnt going to be possible on the GT modeI when it gets updated. (it's supposedly coming in one of the first major over-the-air updates). I really wanted the GT but the premium has those options I want especially in the long run. You would think the more premium expensive car would have more or better options. Can anyone in the know shed light on this?
If you look at the features comparison, both items are listed as optional. I think they are making them a stand alone option on the GT model in order to drive the base price down.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
As said, optional, but I would've rather had it standard. It's a great feature and I'll be adding it on my GT.

OP
OP

4pac

First Name
Sphen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE/TeslaY
Country flag
Thanks everybody. I hope its not too much as an add on, as well as that grabber blue in the video promos. You cant throw that car out there and not expect people to be asking for it.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
If you look at the features comparison, both items are listed as optional. I think they are making them a stand alone option on the GT model in order to drive the base price down.
Ford was VERY, VERY smart here. The GT was going to have a price of $61,500. California gives out a $2,000 rebate, but ONLY for cars with an MSRP less than $60k. And the GTPE is a list of options (not a separate model), so its MSRP is also $59,900. By reducing some of the features, Ford saved us $2,000 (adding the features back in as options keeps the MSRP the same).
Sponsored