that_macheguy

First Name
BRAYDEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH E GT PERFORMANCE
Country flag
First without one-peddle drive activated your vehicle will not slow down after lifting off the excellerator. Next, after breaking (if you had cruise control on that is) you have to press the Cancel/Resume button on left front of steering wheel to reactivate.
It will not speed up like I’m pushing the pedal. It also wouldn’t cause a powertrain fault
Sponsored

lprobinson

First Name
Lakisha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant
Country flag
So the other day I was driving my 2021 Mach E GT Performance and nothing unusual was happening until I wanted to slow down… I had one pedal driving off. I was driving about 40MPH for a solid mile or two. When I was approaching my stop sign I took my foot off the pedal. Normally the power gauge would turn green as it should be regenerating as it’s slowing down but it was still blue. The car didn’t slow down until I hit the brakes. Come to a complete stop and the car starts going again the second I lift off the brake, but….. Now the car is accelerating on its own. The pedal was not responsive. The car quickly got up to about 40 MPH on its own and maxed out at that. Anytime I’d take my foot off the pedal it would continue to go and not slow down. Nervous and frightened I made my way up to the dealer. As I put it in park the service powertrain light comes on. I turn the car off for 30 seconds, start it back up and it’s as if nothing happened. I was relieved yet still concerned. Any ideas as to what may have been happening? Car is fine now.
Did you get notified about the recall?
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...software-issue-464-units-affected-189201.html

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I’m guessing no:

“ customers will be notified by first-class mail between May 30th and June 3rd.”

“Ford says the affected software rolled out exclusively as a service release, never introduced into series production.”

So basically the 464 vehicles affected got the software at the dealer? I wonder if the people with scanners accidentally installed the bad software too?!

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
I don’t have my MachE yet … but did you accidentally engage cruise control? I’ve had a similar scenario years ago with an Audi A4 wagon.
I've done this a couple times by accident and seen the same result. Meant to disengage by hitting the button but ended up deselecting cruise and when you reselect it, it sets cruise at whatever speed your currently at. Really shouldn't do that in my opinion as all you are really doing is making cruise available.
Sponsored