First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
The following article lists Canadian Pricing:

https://www.thestar.com/autos/toronto_auto_show/2020/02/20/no-name-pain-for-ford-mustang-mach-e.html

Select model C$50,495 (Canadian Dollar)
GT Performance model C$82,995

Google tells me conversion from US$ to C$ is 1.325. Converting the above to US$ gives the following:

Select model $38,109
GT Performance model $62,638

Pricing seems a little interesting. Select model seem lower priced than in the USA and getting the GT Performance model for about $2000 more then the "standard" GT price in the USA seems less than I would think it would be.

Not sure what other factors there are with costs (taxes) of automobiles in the US vs. in Canada. Thought these prices were interesting since I haven't seen GT Performance pricing in the USA.
Sponsored

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Maybe they quoting for the tax incentives or ford had to lower price some to meet Canadian tax incentives

Machemark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTI, Prius
Country flag
That is interesting, but I think that in the US a performance model; magneride, software for faster 0-60, and other extras would be about 5k-6k more at least. That's what the current performance pack is on the current Mustang GT.

I'd say a Mach-E GT with Performance pack would be somewhere closer to 70k here in the states.

If it's just 2k then I'll probably consider it.

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Just remember the Mach E GT I do not think qualifies for tax incentives as it is over 60k but of course most people who can afford those cars are not really hurting financially in my opinion

Machemark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTI, Prius
Country flag
Just remember the Mach E GT I do not think qualifies for tax incentives as it is over 60k but of course most people who can afford those cars are not really hurting financially in my opinion
AFAIK the "up to" $7500 federal tax rebate is good for any EV that has not yet sold 200,000 units AND provided you owe that much in tax.

State rebates vary. I wouldn't qualify for California's $2000 rebate because the sales price is above $60000.

However SCE gives you a $1K rebate if you are a customer of SCE.

So, I'm looking at a rebate of $8500. I wouldn't consider the GT model without that break.

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
California rebate goes away over $60K, but federal $7500 rebate remains.

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Standard Range, Chevrolet Bolt EV, Fiat 500E
Occupation
IT Architect
Country flag
Speaking as a low end model X owner, which costs more than a GT with all the options, there is no limit to the $7500 credit other than how much you're paying in taxes that year. If you pay < $7500 in taxes then you're not getting the rebate, otherwise, you get the rebate.

My state hates EVs and does everything it can to not entice you to buy one, including making it illegal for Tesla to have more than two stores in the state. So no other options for me.
Sponsored