XTheUnknown

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Country flag
Hi there - first post for me as we look to get a Mach-E GT. We have recently pre-ordered a GTPE and the clock has started but may have the ability to pick up a standard GT for MSRP immediately if we're interested. That said, we've only test driven the GTPE and found the Grey Perf seats to be extremely comfortable. We haven't been inside the GT with black ActiveX interior but were trying to understand if those seats are equally supportive/comfy? (I know it's a bit subjective but would love to get your opinion).

In short, I just don't want to get surprised and find that the GT seats are significantly different than what we sat in when we tested the GTPE and found ourselves so impressed at how nice they felt (and we're coming from a Volvo XC60 mind you which has super nice seating)!

Thanks!
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I can't comment on the difference, although I don't think many people have tried both. I had a Premium and now a GT PE and love the seats. I just wanted to say that I would probably wait, unless you plan to trade the GT in, as I love the magneride suspension and think its worth getting the PE over the base GT.

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
Good point Neil4Real....

I test drove the GT and the seats were comfy but have heard GTPE is even more so......I don't have my GTPE until April 14 or so I will update once I get it......

I would wait for the Car you really want instead of taking something in stock as the GT.......IMHO

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Hi there - first post for me as we look to get a Mach-E GT. We have recently pre-ordered a GTPE and the clock has started but may have the ability to pick up a standard GT for MSRP immediately if we're interested. That said, we've only test driven the GTPE and found the Grey Perf seats to be extremely comfortable. We haven't been inside the GT with black ActiveX interior but were trying to understand if those seats are equally supportive/comfy? (I know it's a bit subjective but would love to get your opinion).

In short, I just don't want to get surprised and find that the GT seats are significantly different than what we sat in when we tested the GTPE and found ourselves so impressed at how nice they felt (and we're coming from a Volvo XC60 mind you which has super nice seating)!

Thanks!
Not sat in a GT so can't comment on the differences in seats vs the GTPE, but from the images the GT seats don't really look that much different from the premium seats to me and just have a different covering. Having sat in a premium I found the seats just as comfy as the GTPE seats, the GTPE are really not sporty so suit most body shapes without issue.

Like most people I have a series what I consider essentials when purchasing a BEV and adaptable suspension is one of those the lack of it is an instant deal breaker for me. As Nevada has it fair share of beaten up rubble that is masquerading as a desert road just like California, if it was me I would wait on the GTPE as while the seats on the GT may be just as comfy the fixed suspension won't be able to deal with the poor road surfaces as well as the GTPE due to the lack of Magneride.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

Thanks!
Seems split 50/50 on which seats are more comfortable.

It’s split 100/0 on which suspension is more comfortable. (Magneride in the GTPE).

But if you can pick up a GT right now, I’m also 100% certain they’ll let you sit in it first.

OP
OP

XTheUnknown

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Country flag
Thanks for all of your thoughts and advice. Magneride is important to me as well (almost wanted to say Magnasave as I used to play a ton of pinball LOL) so I'll try to hold out for a GTPE.

Cheers,

Robb

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
Q to those who have tried both: how would you rate the seats for having to turn around (i.e. to deal with toddlers in the back seats)?

Schmetsky

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRV, GolfR, MDX, Sienna, RX350
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
In all the YouTube videos everyone says stick with the Magnaride. The seats are more comfy in the GTPE because the ride is so much better.

I am hoping that I can do MR on the Select model aftermarket, after i get it....

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I sat in the GT seats at a auto show and felt that they were really comfortable. I've never driven the regular gt, but i just got my gtpe, and i can say those seats are really comfortable so far. The ride quality is way more comfortable than the premiem.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I have the GT Regular Edition, and I think the seats are excellent. The ride quality is decent, not great. I would definitely have bought the Magneride, if it had been available on the GT-RE.

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
I have the GT Regular Edition, and I think the seats are excellent. The ride quality is decent, not great. I would definitely have bought the Magneride, if it had been available on the GT-RE.
This is kind of the sweet spot for me too. I've dealt with heavily-bolstered seats before, and as nice as they are for hard cornering, long-term I find they also have significant wear issues (look at the left bolster wearing/splitting on any BMW sport seats for reference).

Seriously rethinking my choices here as I have a GT (standard) on order...

Bryan_GTPE

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 302A in Silver - Current
Country flag
Standard GT seats feel same as Premium in terms of comfort, but prefer the material of GT instead.

GTPE seats are amazing! Yes, I’m biased since that is what I drive daily, but with the seats and the Magnaride, it’s great!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Q to those who have tried both: how would you rate the seats for having to turn around (i.e. to deal with toddlers in the back seats)?
Turning around to deal with something in the back seat in the GT-PE can be a little fun because of the shoulder bolsters. It’s not impossible. You just have to think about it a little before doing it. After a few months in the car, it’s become nothing to worry about. Sadly, I don’t need to worry about it any more since the stupid cancer killed my dog on Friday. ??

Last edited:

Benny’66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Plant Manager
Country flag
I would wait on the magnaride as well and I really like my GTPE seats for a daily driver. That said, I’m going to hijack this thread a bit since there are GT/GTPE owners reading it and this is sort of “seat” related.

I noticed last night that the back side of my passenger seatbelt latch has a piece of mole hair on it I’m assuming to prevent noice or wear on the center console.

But then I noticed that the driver one does not? You would think that the driver would be the more used latch and would get the special treatment? So if others could take a peek and comment back, that would be great. (Sorry OP for the hijacking)

30C48AC2-5368-4DBA-BCBA-A8C79069D6BE.jpeg

476296A8-B273-4B26-AA2F-F09C60E57995.jpeg

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
I would wait on the magnaride as well and I really like my GTPE seats for a daily driver. That said, I’m going to hijack this thread a bit since there are GT/GTPE owners reading it and this is sort of “seat” related.

I noticed last night that the back side of my passenger seatbelt latch has a piece of mole hair on it I’m assuming to prevent noice or wear on the center console.

But then I noticed that the driver one does not? You would think that the driver would be the more used latch and would get the special treatment? So if others could take a peek and comment back, that would be great. (Sorry OP for the hijacking)

30C48AC2-5368-4DBA-BCBA-A8C79069D6BE.jpeg

476296A8-B273-4B26-AA2F-F09C60E57995.jpeg
Maybe because the driver seat would ALWAYS be latched and so held away from the center console while you are driving. You might not have a passenger, and so when unlatched that side could slide a bit back and forth against the console on starts/stops.

But when you unlatch it's going to hit the console, so.......I dunno.