GTPE less bouncy?

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
I have a bunch of time in both PE and non. Regular GT is definitely more bouncy . It does get way better with time. Have about 8500 miles and it's much better then when new.
Sponsored

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
Are you thinking for air might help the ride?
It does change the profile of the suspension that I think is more noticeable at low speed. My point is it is a cost free way to determine if it helps or hurts the ride profile to the taste of the driver.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I have a bunch of time in both PE and non. Regular GT is definitely more bouncy . It does get way better with time. Have about 8500 miles and it's much better then when new.
It does change the profile of the suspension that I think is more noticeable at low speed. My point is it is a cost free way to determine if it helps or hurts the ride profile to the taste of the driver.
I have 13k+ miles on my car and the suspension feels exactly the same as new. I would like to say it has changed, even gotten better, but no, absolutely not. I have not tried 45 psi, but intuitively that should create more bounce. Maybe just for fun I will try it.

What I have done is reduce my front tire pressure to 34 psi. IMO that has greatly reduced the harsh ride to the point that I can't even call it harsh anymore. It is very smooth.

The problem is the rebound from bumps. The suspension settles fine but the initial rebound is too much. It needs more damping. I doubt tire pressure can fix that.

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have no complaint about the suspension ride. I really like the balance of firm/compliance and don’t have any issues with “bounce.”

My point is also supported with your comment. Changing the tire pressure does impact the ride- and it costs nothing to try different pressure levels.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I have no complaint about the suspension ride. I really like the balance of firm/compliance and don’t have any issues with “bounce.”

My point is also supported with your comment. Changing the tire pressure does impact the ride- and it costs nothing to try different pressure levels.
So I filled my tires to 45 psi. This was in cool San Francisco (probably about 65Âş at the time). Wed-Fri I was past Sacramento where the temps were in the 90's and the tire psi's got up in to the high 40's. I'm running stock Conti's on my GT. Any idea how much is too much?

I will say that I think the higher pressure improved the ride, though since the trip along I-80 isn't something I'd done in the car before, I don't have a direct comparison. I'll try to head over some of the other routes I've previously traveled to see if roads that previously were problematic bounce-wise are now better...

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So I filled my tires to 45 psi. This was in cool San Francisco (probably about 65Âş at the time). Wed-Fri I was past Sacramento where the temps were in the 90's and the tire psi's got up in to the high 40's. I'm running stock Conti's on my GT. Any idea how much is too much?

I will say that I think the higher pressure improved the ride, though since the trip along I-80 isn't something I'd done in the car before, I don't have a direct comparison. I'll try to head over some of the other routes I've previously traveled to see if roads that previously were problematic bounce-wise are now better...
I found that oddly higher pressure improved the ride too. Usually more pressure makes it harsher.

Check the sidewall of the tire for max recommended inflation pressure.
Sponsored