Have you been Coal Rolled?

Have you been “Coal Rolled” while driving your MMe?

• Total voters

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
At issue here is that most of the "Coal Rollers" in newer model pickups have deleted their diesel particulate filters. This modification greatly increases the particulate and black carbon smoke seen when they hit the acceleration pedal. I am not a born again tree hugger but it irritates me to see this behavior as our grandchildren are going to have to live in this brave new world some are intent on destroying. I have taken a new approach to such behavior. Since removing of particulate filters can carry up to a $10K fine, I have started calling 911 and reporting vehicles with obvious deleted filters and their tag numbers. Not sure if the police or any other agency actually looks into this but I feel that at least I am trying to be a responsible citizen.
Sponsored

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
Well, so far, the vote tally indicates that more folks don't know what coal roll is than have had it done to them. We have our share of yahoos but would've gone right over my head cause I didn't know it was a thing.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Checked my authoritative source and I think it still fits. Sharing my source as I think many of you will find this funny.

1642257401911.png
Well … if that the definition of coal rolling, I retract my comment about having been cold rolled. The drivers of the Dodge Ram were defined not hoales like me. :)

rickmendes

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium Extended Range Space White
Occupation
Author
Country flag
Twice in Whittier, CA. On the flip side, twice when I have been parked at the Dunkin in Whittier, CA, I have had people taking pictures of my MME and asking questions about it.

MachTri

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang mach-e AWD
Country flag
I'm also a cyclist and get coal frequently. :( There are certain areas of the state that I enjoy riding hills on nice back country roads where I'm not bothering anyone or getting in the way. I get rolled the most there. On the flatter part of the state where it's just as rural, everyone is super-polite and patient with me at intersections etc. Weird.
Sponsored