Have you been locked out of your Mach-E?

PIano Queen

First Name
Joan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Law Professor
Country flag
My 2023 Mach-E locked me out when I left my purse with the key in it, inside, and got out to brush snow off the car. Is it supposed to do this or is this a failure of the sensor to recognize the key is inside???
Sponsored

Ladj1985

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium eAWD
Occupation
Technical Analyst
Country flag
I have used the lock button on the outside of the door not realizing my key fob was still in the car. But there are multiple ways to unlock the car. Either using the key keypad on the door or using the app. I’ve done both when I have locked my fob in the car multiple times. I would think it would not allow you to lock the door using the lock button on the outside when the fob is still present inside the car.

chuckles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 RWD Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Was your PAAK (phone-as-a-key) in your pocket when it locked? Did something perhaps brush against the small lock icon below the window keypad?

Also: if your model supports it, you may appreciate the enabling auto-folding mirrors -- your side mirrors fold in when the car is locked, which makes it obvious as to when the car is locked.

Also: when you get back in: remember to remove the factory door PIN code card out of your glove box, and put it someplace safe.

I was very unpleasantly surprised to find out that you cannot change the factory door PIN code. (You can add and change your own door code, but you can't change the one from the factory).

If anyone discovers your factory door PIN code, there's nothing you can to do prevent them from entering your car whenever they come across your vehicle.

areacode413

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
Yes. However I set the door passcode so I can leave my things in the car and walk away without needing to be concerned about forgetting to lock the vehicle. You may customize many of the security features of the vehicle.

tbrumleve

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium eAWD Standard Range
Country flag
No, because there is a door code. Set it up for each profile. Store the factory code as well as your profile code in your phone, or make it rememberable. .
Sponsored