hitchhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e 4x, 1965 F-100, 1999 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hello from rural Maine! I just brought home my Mach-e this morning. I was late to the party and didn’t have a reservation, so bought a dealer car fresh off the 4k mile demo. It’s a premium AWD, 88kWh in Iconic Silver. Not my first color choice, but it was the only thing I was willing to be flexible on. First silver car I ever owned. I live on a dirt road, so the color’s ability to hide the dust will definitely be welcome!

I see many coming from Tesla, but I am probably a rare case. I traded in a barely used 2020 Model S. I love its efficiency, but the build quality was utter crap. I drive mostly on country roads and autopilot just gets in the way most of the time. When BlueCruise arrives, I don’t think I’ll miss AP much for my occasional road trip.

After checking out a Mach-e at a recent EV meetup, I couldn’t get it out of my mind... so here we are! Out with the old, in with the new:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Hello from Maine AD649504-9646-4E57-8093-EFC683425601

Ford Mustang Mach-E Hello from Maine F8E560C1-795C-432D-9034-C4A151DA2579

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Congratulations!

mrpeterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 Camry, 92 Lexus SC300
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Hello fellow Mainer!
Still waiting for the details on when ours is getting built, excited to see more local Mach-E owners in the area.

OP
OP
hitchhiker

hitchhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hello fellow Mainer!
Still waiting for the details on when ours is getting built, excited to see more local Mach-E owners in the area.
Apart from the EV meetup and the one I just bought, I’ve yet to see another in the wild in ME. Teslas are rare enough when you go away from the coast. Hope you don’t have to wait too long!

LTJOHNJ60

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Extended Range AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hello from rural Maine! I just brought home my Mach-e this morning. I was late to the party and didn’t have a reservation, so bought a dealer car fresh off the 4k mile demo. It’s a premium AWD, 88kWh in Iconic Silver. Not my first color choice, but it was the only thing I was willing to be flexible on. First silver car I ever owned. I live on a dirt road, so the color’s ability to hide the dust will definitely be welcome!

I see many coming from Tesla, but I am probably a rare case. I traded in a barely used 2020 Model S. I love its efficiency, but the build quality was utter crap. I drive mostly on country roads and autopilot just gets in the way most of the time. When BlueCruise arrives, I don’t think I’ll miss AP much for my occasional road trip.

After checking out a Mach-e at a recent EV meetup, I couldn’t get it out of my mind... so here we are! Out with the old, in with the new:

Contrats! I also live in Maine. Kittery Point. I was lucky enough to find exactly what I wanted at a dealer in CT. I have had for about 6 weeks and love it.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Hello from Maine Mach E

OP
OP
hitchhiker

hitchhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Contrats! I also live in Maine. Kittery Point. I was lucky enough to find exactly what I wanted at a dealer in CT. I have had for about 6 weeks and love it.
Silly me thinking I’d be the only Mainer! ;)

I’m also in York county, but rural/inland, Waterboro to be specific. I suspect the number of EV owners decreases as you go inland or as you go north.

Rich_Maine

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Toyota Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mach E.jpg
Hi neighbor!
I am in Kittery! I have Infinite Blue with EV PONY plate so keep an eye out!
I ordered last July from Key Ford in York. Nice guys, no ADM, took X plan. BTW, I had ceramic done at Seacoast Cars and Coffee at Fox Run mall. Only $695 and it looks wonderful.

smp

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Congratulations, and welcome to the club!
I hope that you thoroughly enjoy your new MME, just as I'm enjoying mine!

smp

OP
OP
hitchhiker

hitchhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Congratulations, and welcome to the club!
I hope that you thoroughly enjoy your new MME, just as I'm enjoying mine!

smp
Ah, right, you're the one who snatched that grabber blue FE away from me, aren't you? ;) Yup, definitely enjoying it. Good riddance, Tesla!

TundraEV

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Hey Maine gang. I'm on Gorham/Scarborough line and waiting for mine to arrive in late June or July by the looks of it.

Hitchhiker, doesn't that Model S look.... old(?)... next to your Mach E now? That Tesla design really has not aged well.

Time to start planning the Southern Maine meetup. Ted's Fried Clams? Pemaquid Point? Ogunquit Lobster Pound? Nubble Light? Red's Eats???

OP
OP
hitchhiker

hitchhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hey Maine gang. I'm on Gorham/Scarborough line and waiting for mine to arrive in late June or July by the looks of it.

Hitchhiker, doesn't that Model S look.... old(?)... next to your Mach E now? That Tesla design really has not aged well.

Time to start planning the Southern Maine meetup. Ted's Fried Clams? Pemaquid Point? Ogunquit Lobster Pound? Nubble Light? Red's Eats???
Yes, it does. And don't even get me started on build quality. That Tesla was less than a year old and was a total rattle trap.

There are also fairly frequent general EV meetups in the area and throughout New England. Check out the New England Electric Auto association at their site or on Facebook.

TundraEV

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Yes, it does. And don't even get me started on build quality. That Tesla was less than a year old and was a total rattle trap.

There are also fairly frequent general EV meetups in the area and throughout New England. Check out the New England Electric Auto association at their site or on Facebook.
Thanks for the link. Will check it out. Is it cool to bring the Pacifica PHEV until the Mach E comes in? lol

OP
OP
hitchhiker

hitchhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Thanks for the link. Will check it out. Is it cool to bring the Pacifica PHEV until the Mach E comes in? lol
Yup, lots of PHEVs and hybrids show up. The president of NEEAA has a couple hybrids but no BEV at the moment. :cool:

LTJOHNJ60

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Extended Range AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hi neighbor!
I am in Kittery! I have Infinite Blue with EV PONY plate so keep an eye out!
I ordered last July from Key Ford in York. Nice guys, no ADM, took X plan. BTW, I had ceramic done at Seacoast Cars and Coffee at Fox Run mall. Only $695 and it looks wonderful.

I drive a lot, probably 800 to 900 miles per week. I have yet to see another Mach-e on the road. I don't think I have ever gotten more looks or comments with any other vehicle. I have always loved mustangs. Owned a 65 Convertible in my 20's. I think Ford is brilliant again, with this new mustang.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Hello from Maine 65 Mustang (2)

mrpeterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 Camry, 92 Lexus SC300
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Ah, right, you're the one who snatched that grabber blue FE away from me, aren't you? ;) Yup, definitely enjoying it. Good riddance, Tesla!
Was that the Grabber Blue FE at Casco Bay Ford? We test drove the one that they had there and ordered our own the same day!
Sponsored