Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Monaco in Glastonbury. Going over there tomorrow to see it! Can't wait!
Good luck. And make sure to share your observations afterward!
Sponsored

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
Monaco in Glastonbury. Going over there tomorrow to see it! Can't wait!
I too will be there today to check it out. Very excited to see it after a year of looking at pics and videos!

djett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
So it looked better than the pictures ;) I was really impressed and they had the exact model I ordered (Rapid Red, Premium AWD, Extended Range) except it had the light interior. But the other one they had there had the dark interior - so was able to check that out too. I was finally able to confirm that the Premium comes with the black trim package. So, all in all it was a really good visit!

hag911

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion Hybrid, 2014 Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Build date week of 12/13. Electrician coming Saturday to install charger outlet.

Louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
Country flag
Portland, Maine
Counting down the days.

Louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
Country flag
Are you the Don of Taycan road trip fame?

Either way, looking forward to seeing your next series featuring the Mach-E. ;)
LOL. Yes, I'm that guy.
I sold the Taycan, and I take delivery of a Mach-E in about two weeks. I'd do another "Round the Country" trip, but Canada won't let us infected Americans across the border. If someone can get me a vaccine shot, maybe I can re-create that trip. :)

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
LOL. Yes, I'm that guy.
I sold the Taycan, and I take delivery of a Mach-E in about two weeks. I'd do another "Round the Country" trip, but Canada won't let us infected Americans across the border. If someone can get me a vaccine shot, maybe I can re-create that trip. :)
Well hey there, welcome to this forum of crazies. :)

Your Taycan series got me pretty excited about owning a Taycan.

After configuring one and deliberating, I decided it was actually just getting me excited about eventually owning a fully electric vehicle.

Sad to hear that you sold it. Was it too impractical?

Louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
Country flag
Well hey there, welcome to this forum of crazies. :)

Your Taycan series got me pretty excited about owning a Taycan.

After configuring one and deliberating, I decided it was actually just getting me excited about eventually owning a fully electric vehicle.

Sad to hear that you sold it. Was it too impractical?
I loved the Taycan. But it was tying up a LOT of money. It's the most expensive thing I had ever purchased (not counting some of the houses I've owned. some... ). I sold it, and bought a Mini Cooper SE. I loved it as a cute and fun to drive car, but it's totally an "Urban" car. 90-110 miles of range just wasn't enough. So now the Mini will go away for the Mach-E.

I nearly bought a Polestar 2 (and briefly considered its sister car the Volvo XC40 Recharge). But the XC40 doesn't appeal to me visually. The Polestar looks great... but the dealership story is a shitshow. And the car isn't finished yet... still a bunch of major features that won't arrive until "sometime in 2021". Big red flags. And for a car being "not done yet" and "having 12v battery problems" the nearest service is 300 miles away. I'd have to PAY to have my car trucked down there in case of any warranty issues. Nope.

The Mach-E will be my first ever Ford. But as I did my research, I saw they seem to really have their shit together. Bottom-up EV design for the Mach-E (unlike the Polestar/XC40 platform). The Mach-E should have more range than my Taycan. Maybe. Coefficient of Drag (.295 vs .22) will adversely affect 75mph cruising range even though the Mustang has a bigger battery.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I loved the Taycan. But it was tying up a LOT of money. It's the most expensive thing I had ever purchased (not counting some of the houses I've owned. some... ). I sold it, and bought a Mini Cooper SE. I loved it as a cute and fun to drive car, but it's totally an "Urban" car. 90-110 miles of range just wasn't enough. So now the Mini will go away for the Mach-E.

I nearly bought a Polestar 2 (and briefly considered its sister car the Volvo XC40 Recharge). But the XC40 doesn't appeal to me visually. The Polestar looks great... but the dealership story is a shitshow. And the car isn't finished yet... still a bunch of major features that won't arrive until "sometime in 2021". Big red flags. And for a car being "not done yet" and "having 12v battery problems" the nearest service is 300 miles away. I'd have to PAY to have my car trucked down there in case of any warranty issues. Nope.

The Mach-E will be my first ever Ford. But as I did my research, I saw they seem to really have their shit together. Bottom-up EV design for the Mach-E (unlike the Polestar/XC40 platform). The Mach-E should have more range than my Taycan. Maybe. Coefficient of Drag (.295 vs .22) will adversely affect 75mph cruising range even though the Mustang has a bigger battery.
Makes sense.

I became enamored with Volvo when I rented an all-new 2015 XC90 diesel in Germany. Large vehicle (by my standards), with four large humans and luggage. It was tons of fun to drive and lots of safety tech I'd never encountered before. It was also the first (and last?) luxury class car I'd ever driven.

But yeah, they're not doing awesome on the EV front, yet. Similar to you, the closest repair facility for Polestar is 400 miles from me, each way.

Anyway, happy to see you here. My MME isn't built yet but I'm guessing it will be done this week. If you're counting down the days, it sounds like yours is on transport now. I can't wait to disown my combustion engine vehicle!

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
I'm here in southern NH. Still patiently waiting for the GT ordering to open up!

NEMuskRat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1983 Delorean, 2007 SC Mustang, 2018 F150 FX4, 2019 Escape
Occupation
Electron Beam Eng
Country flag
My car just arrived at the dealership yesterday. Carbonized is nice look.

OP
OP
PBog

PBog

First Name
Paula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mustang
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Happy to report my Mach E is finally in at the dealership. They didn’t know about the Ford Options plan so I have been waiting patiently until they figure it out. hoping to pick up the car this weekend!
Sponsored