mjelly50

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium SR RWD, 2019 Acura MDX
Country flag
Hoping someone will be able to help me out. I’ve been having some issues with the Emporia charger actually charging my ‘23 MME. Emporia is hard wired and car is currently set up on a schedule but can’t get the charger to unpause (it’s in the scheduled charging time window). This has now happened a couple of times so I read through the forums and saw that resetting the breaker may help. That fixed it the first time but not tonight. I plugged in the Ford travel charger into my 110 outlet and that seems to be working and will get me enough charge for the morning commute. But I’m wondering if I have a defective Emporia unit. Any ideas? Has anyone else experienced this and was Emporia helpful in fixing the issue? So frustrating.
Sponsored

leehinde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
I've not had any issues, but they're supposed to have great support. I'd reach out, if you haven't.

dcheng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White CA Route 1
Country flag
Not sure if it’s the same, but my Emporia charger had no issues until this past week. In my case, the cars would not start charging when the scheduled time rolled around. I didn’t try resetting the breaker, but I toggled the Time of Use Management in the app between “Charge using Custom Schedule” and “Charge during Off-Peak Hours” once. After that, it seemed to start charging when I wanted it to.

So far, that’s the only issue I’ve had, and it seems to have gone away.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Try using the Live Chat in the app. Not sure what the chat hours are, but they are pretty helpful. We visited their HQ last summer and saw the whole operation. Their Live Chat support team is right next to their engineers so they can really dive into problems.

200-OK

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
IT Director
Country flag
I haven't seen any issues w/ my Emporia, but I am curious if you using a charging schedule on both the FordPass app and your Emporia app? Just wondering if perhaps they are conflicting?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I haven't had any issues with their chargers but I don't use a schedule. I plug the car in when it needs to be charged and have it set to charge on excess solar only.

They do have an excellent online chat as others have mentioned plus calling them is also an option. Their times for online chat and phone support is 8:00am-5:00pm MST Monday-Friday. Closed Saturday and Sunday

OP
OP
mjelly50

mjelly50

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for all the input. I will be calling their customer service tonight when I get home from work. Can’t stand the trickle charge from the 110 outlet. Ugh! I’ll let you know what I find out. Hopefully something simple.

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium VB & 22 Select GB
Country flag
Hoping someone will be able to help me out. I’ve been having some issues with the Emporia charger actually charging my ‘23 MME. Emporia is hard wired and car is currently set up on a schedule but can’t get the charger to unpause (it’s in the scheduled charging time window). This has now happened a couple of times so I read through the forums and saw that resetting the breaker may help. That fixed it the first time but not tonight. I plugged in the Ford travel charger into my 110 outlet and that seems to be working and will get me enough charge for the morning commute. But I’m wondering if I have a defective Emporia unit. Any ideas? Has anyone else experienced this and was Emporia helpful in fixing the issue? So frustrating.
How's your TOU times set up? Mine's below, I have peak from 3pm - 8pm. In winter, there's a second window of 6am - 8am. Maybe try deleting each time and redoing it.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Help: Emporia Charger issues Screenshot_20230522_154056_Emporia Energy

OP
OP
mjelly50

mjelly50

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So I removed the schedule for now and it seems to be working ok. Might just keep the schedule off for a few days and see what happens. Maybe there was a glitch in the schedules. Hope that’s all it was.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
The schedule of the charger overrides the car. I use the TOU schedule to charge overnight when the rate is cheaper. If I want to charge outside of that, I have to turn the schedule off.

EmporiaEnergy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.emporiaenergy.com
Vehicles
Emporia EV Charger
Country flag
So I removed the schedule for now and it seems to be working ok. Might just keep the schedule off for a few days and see what happens. Maybe there was a glitch in the schedules. Hope that’s all it was.
Hi OP, glad to hear this was resolved. If you ever need help contacting our support team directly is always the quickest route and we're happy to assist.

Available by phone, email, and chat M-F 8AM-5PM MST.

Please visit emporiaenergy.com/contact
Sponsored