How do you enlarge the 360° camera surround view?

OP
OP
phil

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I think the reason for the smaller display on the 360, is because it also has to fit on the screen in the vehicles that have the screen in landscape orientation. One of the drawbacks of the same software being used across multiple vehicles.

Hopefully as time goes on now that they are using this screen more and more that they'll update the camera app to show a larger video feed for Vertical orientation screens.

There already is an AsBuilt data field for 360 camera layout for this.
I'm doubtful that's the reason. The 360-view would have to go side-by-side with any other image on a landscape screen - splitting landscape horizontally would be nonsensical regardless of image sizes.

I think it's just poor design. If they choose to cram a second (rear or front camera) view onto the portrait screen, they should provide an option for full-screen on the 360. It seems that the tiny view works ok for some people, but not for others. It would be easy for Ford to make all of us happy on this little item.
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I'm doubtful that's the reason. The 360-view would have to go side-by-side with any other image on a landscape screen - splitting landscape horizontally would be nonsensical regardless of image sizes.

I think it's just poor design. If they choose to cram a second (rear or front camera) view onto the portrait screen, they should provide an option for full-screen on the 360. It seems that the tiny view works ok for some people, but not for others. It would be easy for Ford to make all of us happy on this little item.
Its the same app across cars, Just a config file that tells Sync how to layout the video feed.

This is how its laid out in the F150 with the vertical screen and Sync 4.
Ford Mustang Mach-E How do you enlarge the 360° camera surround view? 1635870613050

These are the settings in the APIM that tell it how to layout the screen.
Ford Mustang Mach-E How do you enlarge the 360° camera surround view? 1635870654463

Switching it to horizontal for example causes the 360 view to show up off screen, and the controls for it show up over the other view.
Ford Mustang Mach-E How do you enlarge the 360° camera surround view? 20211102_113830