How to disable radio when audio is on?

bobbobman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E
Country flag
Today, my Mach E has suddenly decided to play the radio whenever another audio source is not connected. So, whenever my CarPlay loses connection, I suddenly get a blast of random radio music or static and when CarPlay reconnects, I have to manually tap play on the Spotify or Audible or whatever app to get it to stop. It happens when Iā€™ve sat for too long without anything else playing too.
The weird thing is that, until today, it didnā€™t do that. If nothing else was playing, the audio system stayed silent so I know itā€™s possible. This new behavior is super irritating and I never ever listen to radio. Is there a way for me to stop Sync from defaulting to radio audio when nothing else is playing? I have no idea why it suddenly decided to start doing this, but I donā€™t like having to fiddle around with the screen while Iā€™m driving to get it to shut up.
Sponsored

OP
OP

bobbobman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E
Country flag
Yeah I saw that. Was hoping youā€™d found one haha. I just use CarPlay and that keeps it silent unless I have nothing playing for a real long time. If that happens though, I just tap the power button inside the main screen knob and turn off the whole system and turn it back on when I want to play something. Itā€™s not ideal but it works I guess. Itā€™s just an odd design choice on Fordā€™s part. I mean, who even uses the radio anymore in a world of podcasts and Spotify?
Sponsored