Huge screen with zero Entertainment options !

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Guys I haven’t really followed this thread but, wouldn’t this be as simple as Ford enabling YouTube and Netflix for Apple CarPlay? Does Ford have to pay for that?
YouTube and Netflix on CarPlay are a thing?
Sponsored

americanflannel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
I do not write menu descriptions for a living
Country flag
Yep, only applied to older S and X with MCU1 guts. The fact you could even get it upgraded OEM is amazing, no one else does that (I don't think, I KNOW this forum will nail me if I'm wrong ;)).

The price, not so much.
Oh so many companies offering android auto and carplay updates years after the car came out will argue with you. And these were both hardware and software in some cases. Mazda and Kia come to mind

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
I received the CarPlay AI Box in about 10 days from this AliExpress seller:

Para a apple carplay ai box 4gb + 32gb, caixa universal do jogador dos multimédios de android do carro, ligação sem fio do espelho, plug and play, caixa da tevê automática|Reprodutor multimídia automotivo| - AliExpress

It was the least expensive one I could find a few weeks back.
BTW, it works with the MME's internal gps, enabling the box's NAV function w/o the need to connect the included wiring kit/antenna.
Can you upload a video or something of it so we can see how well it is with the Mach e? Also, if you enable GPS on the box, will it show directions on the instrument cluster?

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
Oh so many companies offering android auto and carplay updates years after the car came out will argue with you. And these were both hardware and software in some cases. Mazda and Kia come to mind
Thanks, I stand corrected!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Sorry - I guess that’s only if jailbroken.
Well, then it’s not something Ford has any control over. Considering Apple doesn’t even think it’s safe enough to allow entering phone numbers through CarPlay, I doubt we’ll be seeing streaming video through it any time soon.

SteveJo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Job 1 Mach-e/X
Country flag
Can you upload a video or something of it so we can see how well it is with the Mach e? Also, if you enable GPS on the box, will it show directions on the instrument cluster?
I added a longer cable and ran it from the console usb to the glovebox where it is Velcroed to the inner back wall. No tools required, cable completely hidden. (It also fits perfectly on the right phone pad.) I've tried Waze and Google Maps and they do not appear on the small screen.

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Meaningful and quite ? Hmmm, 20 years ago possibly but after 25 years of marriage entertainment options are a must lol
***** this is a joke *****

I think it was George Carlin that used to do a bit about an old married couple sitting across from each other at breakfast:

her: What do you want to do today?
him: kill you

Cay_cal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Star White MME Awd
Country flag
Anyone else getting super bored while charging ?? We have this huge screen in the car but hardly any entertainment option on it other than music!
I also have a Tesla with Netflix, Plex, games, Youtube, etc.
why put a huge screen in the car and use it as a radio ??
I'm a little late to the party. I got my MME two days ago and in going through the android available apps I saw an app that, per the description, should allow you to mirror your phone to screen. Has anyone tried this yet? How well does it work?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Huge screen with zero Entertainment options ! Screenshot_20210421-105626_FordPass

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
I just bought an android box that should work with the Mach E display. I'll post a vid or something once I get it, should be this friday.

Since it runs android, in theory I should be able to stream video games to the Mach E display from my gaming computer anywhere in the world too!

OP
OP

ArtyMachy

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2021 Select AWD
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I'm a little late to the party. I got my MME two days ago and in going through the android available apps I saw an app that, per the description, should allow you to mirror your phone to screen. Has anyone tried this yet? How well does it work?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Huge screen with zero Entertainment options ! Screenshot_20210421-105626_FordPass
I tried it and it doesn't do anything. Just tells you to connect to the same network but mothing happens.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Screenshot_20210421-105626_FordPass.jpg
covered a couple of times on this site already - it's for controlling optional seat-back entertainment in larger vehicles.

one of the times was earlier on this thread in fact
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/huge-screen-with-zero-entertainment-options.5367/post-152832

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ‘16 fusion energi, ‘14 Focus EV
Country flag
I am at a loss as to why anyone is sitting in their car for long enough to feel the need to have entertainment options on the car's screen. Maybe it is just me, but I can think of no situation why I would ever feel the need to use the screen in such a way.
as a father to 4 daughters and a husband to a wife. I have spent several hours opting to sit in the car than hit the 8th store to shop for more makeup or shoes or whatnot. I sit there watching movies on my phone. Would be great to watch on the bigger monitor. already stream the sound through the car.
Sponsored