Huge screen with zero Entertainment options !

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I must be part of the narrowly not-acknowledged group of Tesla owners that love watching YouTube while roadtripping.
You're getting flak because sometimes people have to be in a situation to appreciate it. No doubt 6 months from now after Ford has added limited entertainment options people will be clamoring for more. Ford probably has enough cash in the bank to pay a few extra developers to add some entertainment options without taking away from efforts to fix the issues.
Sponsored

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Who is
That tends to happen more in California.

As for me, I have only had to wait a few times for a supercharger on the many roadtrips I've taken, even during holidays.

Wait until Ford starts selling the Electric F-150 and more Mach-Es, VW sells a bunch of ID4s, etc. The lines will start happening at EA chargers. I'm hoping they continue to scale up on pace or faster than Tesla (we have a pretty large lead so far).
Who are we? Do you work for tesla? Do you make the vechiles? Sound like you are a fan that plays for an NFL team lol.

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
Who is
Who are we? Do you work for tesla? Do you make the vechiles? Sound like you are a fan that plays for an NFL team lol.
I don't want to cause angst in the forum and I'm sorry if you took offense to my post.

And to answer your questions, I don't work for Tesla, I own two of them, don't work on cars nor build them. I have a podcast where I share my experiences with my cars and try to be an EV Enthusiast first and a Tesla owner second.

Obviously, I failed on the Enthusiast part with this post.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
That tends to happen more in California.
Maybe. But as BEV's become more mainstream, what you see in California you'll be seeing at other SuperCharger Stations.

Harris Ranch? 70 Superchragers. All occupied virtually all the time. Plans to expand it to 100. Won't be enough.
Madonna Inn, Near Cal Poly SLO. Occupied almost (though not quite) constantly.

Those are just the 2 I know from personal experience.
As for me, I have only had to wait a few times for a supercharger on the many roadtrips I've taken, even during holidays.
The Madonna Inn line up. The line here is about 30 cars long judging by the picture and having been there many times.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Huge screen with zero Entertainment options ! 1618627488556

Wait until Ford starts selling the Electric F-150 and more Mach-Es, VW sells a bunch of ID4s, etc. The lines will start happening at EA chargers. I'm hoping they continue to scale up on pace or faster than Tesla (we have a pretty large lead so far).
There's no reason for anyone to feel smug or complacent about DCFC stations. Tesla's system has a head start, nothing more. Shortly they'll all be stretched to the limits and perhaps beyond.

And those are why some people want entertainment on their screens. And Ford will have them in due order.

Last edited:

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe. But as BEV's become more mainstream, what you see in California you'll be seeing at other SuperCharger Stations.

Harris Ranch? 70 Superchragers. All occupied virtually all the time. Plans to expand it to 100. Won't be enough.
Madonna Inn, Near Cal Poly SLO. Occupied almost (though not quite) constantly.

Those are just the 2 I know from personal experience.

The Madonna Inn line up. The line here is about30 cars long judging by the picture and having been there many times.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Huge screen with zero Entertainment options ! 1618627488556

There's no reason for anyone to feel smug or complacent about DCFC stations. Tesla's system has a head start, nothing more. Shortly they'll all bestretched to the limits and perhaps beyond.

And those are why some people want entertainment on their screens. And Ford will have them in due order.
Sorry to appear smug, my bad. I should have simply said Tesla currently has xxx number of chargers and left it there. As for the appearance of complacency in my comment, the official Tesla Owners Clubs ( I belong to the St. Louis one) continue to lobby Tesla to keep expanding the Supercharger Network. My pet project is currently Habstadt Indiana. We've been waiting since 2017 for a supercharger between Mt. Vernon IL and Louisville KY.

I am one of those who love the entertainment in my cars, irrespective of supercharging or not. I'm sure you're right that Ford will also provide options as well.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Charging for 30 - 40 minutes every few hours on a long trip, I can see why you'd want some distractions. While an ipad or other tablet would be a fair equivalent, I foresee Ford adding entertainment options over time.

Just like with Tesla, Ford went with basic functionality first, and they'll (probably) add other goodies later. Threads like this (and other similar threads) will draw Ford's attention to it.
Would you rather have a meaningful quiet conversation with your spouse?

Aye Aye Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Elechicken
Country flag
I don't want to cause angst in the forum and I'm sorry if you took offense to my post.

And to answer your questions, I don't work for Tesla, I own two of them, don't work on cars nor build them. I have a podcast where I share my experiences with my cars and try to be an EV Enthusiast first and a Tesla owner second.

Obviously, I failed on the Enthusiast part with this post.
It take a big person to admit their short comings!!
By the way, what are we?? Cant be petrol heads. Electron Heads just doesn't have a good ring to it.???

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
By the way, what are we?? Cant be petrol heads. Electron Heads just doesn't have a good ring to it.???
amp-Ed, buzz-Ed, goPeddlers, excited electrons (trons for short), e-motioneers, Coulombians, energizers, ... watt ev-er you like.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
With the charging curve on this car, Ford badly needs to incorporate some entertainment apps. Netflix is a must. YouTube would be great. I’d love Twitch and Discord.

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
"We" in my post was a reference to Tesla. I identify with Tesla as an owner like many of you probably identify with Ford as a Mach-E owner.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Guys I haven’t really followed this thread but, wouldn’t this be as simple as Ford enabling YouTube and Netflix for Apple CarPlay? Does Ford have to pay for that?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Guys I haven’t really followed this thread but, wouldn’t this be as simple as Ford enabling YouTube and Netflix for Apple CarPlay? Does Ford have to pay for that?
Actually, that was answered fairly early on. Now we’re just in the “How many entirely different and irrelevant tangents can we be simultaneously on in the same thread?” phase.

What? The answer? It’s coming. (No, that’s the answer).

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Actually, that was answered fairly early on. Now we’re just in the “How many entirely different and irrelevant tangents can we be simultaneously on in the same thread?” phase.

What? The answer? It’s coming. (No, that’s the answer).
Well damn if that’s easy just flip the switch already. I guess there’s more to it. Weird that it hasn’t already been enabled tho.
Sponsored