Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE, 2022 F350, 2017 F150, 2001 F250, 11 DTS
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
My 21 GTPE needs a new HVBJB and the dealer said it looks like they have them in the system and sounded like they would have one next week. Yesterday he called to say they have put a stop sale on these parts. They put in a claim to find out what gives and so on. Does anyone know what Ford's plan is?
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Is there actually a stop sale though?
My guess is that the dealer is likely confused since the original part number isn't available anymore. Last I heard, it could still be ordered and would automatically be replaced by the new part number though. The OP should follow the steps outlined in the mega thread to open a case with the Ford BEV team.

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
I really wish these Dealerships would have their service people read this thread. I canā€™t tell you how many times I had to educate my dealership on basic EV stuff. For example, the latest with me is that my car needs to be sent to one of their other dealerships out of state for repair. I asked how they are towing it and if they are aware that you can only tow it from the front and you can damage the battery if not done by someone that knows how to handle EVs.

I EXPECTED to be talked down to and told they are well aware of this fact. Instead I got ā€œoh yeah? We will make sure to check on thatā€.

OP, sounds like you have a long saga ahead of you. And forget about @Ford Motor Company helping. They will just tell you to talk to the clueless dealership. They have stopped responding to my DMs at this point. And all I want is to know when I can get my car back that, you know, I paid for?

Iā€™m so done with Ford. Love the car though, which is a shame.

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
I really wish these Dealerships would have their service people read this thread. I canā€™t tell you how many times I had to educate my dealership on basic EV stuff. For example, the latest with me is that my car needs to be sent to one of their other dealerships out of state for repair. I asked how they are towing it and if they are aware that you can only tow it from the front and you can damage the battery if not done by someone that knows how to handle EVs.

I EXPECTED to be talked down to and told they are well aware of this fact. Instead I got ā€œoh yeah? We will make sure to check on thatā€.

OP, sounds like you have a long saga ahead of you. And forget about @Ford Motor Company helping. They will just tell you to talk to the clueless dealership. They have stopped responding to my DMs at this point. And all I want is to know when I can get my car back that, you know, I paid for?

Iā€™m so done with Ford. Love the car though, which is a shame.
it gets worse. I just found out that 1. My ā€œEV Certifiedā€ dealership does NOT have a lift to work on EVs and 2. My car was DRIVEN to another state to be worked on not towed.

@Ford Motor Company Iā€™m done. I donā€™t know why Iā€™m even bothering to tag you. You donā€™t even respond to my messages.

Never again. This is the last Ford I buy.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
This is the downside with having a dealership network instead of dealing directly with the manufacture.

You don't know who to blame to the fiasco. At least if you're dealing with only the manufacture, then they can't point their finger at someone else.

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
This is the downside with having a dealership network instead of dealing directly with the manufacture.

You don't know who to blame to the fiasco. At least if you're dealing with only the manufacture, then they can't point their finger at someone else.
This was SUPPOSED to be a positive of using a traditional car manufacturer for a relatively new technology. The idea that they have the dealership network that you can just drive to and get your car services. Instead it's become an argument against the traditional dealer / manufacturer.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
It will be interesting to see how many dealers opt into being part of the Model E network with Ford. With Model E the dealership not only has to have the tools and equipment needed to fully service the EV, but they also have to offer pickup and delivery of the vehicle for service and new car delivery, post the prices of the EV on their website (including any ADM), and have a DC fast charger on site available to customers.

Right now the EV is a very small percentage of their fleet for both sales and service. I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot of the dealerships opt out of Model E at first, especially in rural areas where EVs are even less common. Buick and Cadillac just tried something similar and about a third of the dealerships have accepted GMs buyout offer to close the dealership entirely.

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
It will be interesting to see how many dealers opt into being part of the Model E network with Ford. With Model E the dealership not only has to have the tools and equipment needed to fully service the EV, but they also have to offer pickup and delivery of the vehicle for service and new car delivery, post the prices of the EV on their website (including any ADM), and have a DC fast charger on site available to customers.

Right now the EV is a very small percentage of their fleet for both sales and service. I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot of the dealerships opt out of Model E at first, especially in rural areas where EVs are even less common. Buick and Cadillac just tried something similar and about a third of the dealerships have accepted GMs buyout offer to close the dealership entirely.
I have some sympathy for independently owned dealerships that can't afford to retool to support EVs, but I rather this happen than what's happening now where anyone can put up a "EV Certified" sign and claim they can service EVs but then ask me "so you don't want an oil change" with a straight face when I bring it in for service.

OP
OP

buddy3210

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE, 2022 F350, 2017 F150, 2001 F250, 11 DTS
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
I have some sympathy for independently owned dealerships that can't afford to retool to support EVs, but I rather this happen than what's happening now where anyone can put up a "EV Certified" sign and claim they can service EVs but then ask me "so you don't want an oil change" with a straight face when I bring it in for service.
My dealer was talking about that they want him to invest a million and he asked them how many EV's they were going to be able to get, he said they got pretty wishy washy then. He said talk about a good ROI!
Sponsored