OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
If you don't chew big red then **** you!
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I mean sure when it’s a fair fight but a 10 year old Camry with hubcaps? I swear it’s the always the crappiest cars.
Very similar situation happened the other day for me. Mind you I don't have a GT and my MME is carbonized grey so I'm not that flashy.

So I was in a left turn lane at a red light. The lane to the right was also a left turn and when the light changed I could hear this BMW with a loud muffler revving like crazy.

I just took the turn normally, by this time the old BMW was sounding like an obnoxious kid playing a kazoo into a megaphone.

I don't race people but I gently pressed the go pedal and pulled away (probably safer to have some distance from jackasses).

The person was determined, they pulled off into a parking lot, raced through the parking lot so they could try to take a shortcut.

I had already laid off the go pedal and was going the speed limit when the BMW got out of the 'shortcut' behind me (they didn't think it though very well). Not sure what they thought would happen...

Minding my own business I turned off into my neighborhood and they treated me to a concert of them trying to blowup their engine as they continued along...

Why do they do it? No clue, not like they had any chance whatsoever, but hopefully they had fun and hopefully they keep their dumbassery to a minimum).

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I know, I know, we could do this all day. As long as the GT driver doesn’t have a bunch of gray bars and SOC is above 50-60% and it’s above 50F outside he/she will have the 0-30 or 40mph part locked down with that AWD launch. Lots of variables on both sides.
True, but in those cold conditions, the summer tires on the GT500 really have no chance.

Either way, I think the GTPE is the better stoplight warrior. GT500 definitely gonna draw more attention though.

devildog125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E AWD, '22 Hyundai Tucson SEL AWD
Occupation
Law Enforcement Software Engineer
Country flag
This happens to me every once in awhile. Had some kid in a late nineties Cobra that was burning oil (could tell by the smoke and smell) try to race me. I just let him race himself while my wife and I laughed.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I just let them waste their gas lol. Then I yell “Have fun at the gas station!”

OP
OP
RosarioM

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
Very similar situation happened the other day for me. Mind you I don't have a GT and my MME is carbonized grey so I'm not that flashy.

So I was in a left turn lane at a red light. The lane to the right was also a left turn and when the light changed I could hear this BMW with a loud muffler revving like crazy.

I just took the turn normally, by this time the old BMW was sounding like an obnoxious kid playing a kazoo into a megaphone.

I don't race people but I gently pressed the go pedal and pulled away (probably safer to have some distance from jackasses).

The person was determined, they pulled off into a parking lot, raced through the parking lot so they could try to take a shortcut.

I had already laid off the go pedal and was going the speed limit when the BMW got out of the 'shortcut' behind me (they didn't think it though very well). Not sure what they thought would happen...

Minding my own business I turned off into my neighborhood and they treated me to a concert of them trying to blowup their engine as they continued along...

Why do they do it? No clue, not like they had any chance whatsoever, but hopefully they had fun and hopefully they keep their dumbassery to a minimum).
The failed shortcut while you’re going the speed limit is the best part of this story ?
Sponsored