Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium LR-RWD
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
Thanks Doug for the video. I liked seeing the rear door handles. Seems like a good investment. I very much appreciated talking about the rear wiper. I had not heard of the wiper really not covering the entire back window. Keep those videos coming!
Thanks! FWIW on the rear door handles...AOSK responded to my criticism (via another thread) and sent another, slimmer adhesive that might work better (feel more solid), but I'm hesitant to put them on because I'm not sure how easy the other adhesive will be to remove! But I'm guessing if you bought them new now, they'd have a better, tighter adhesive tape and work better...not that they're bad now.

And yeah, that stock rear wiper is small...probably more pyschological than actual, but we like the bigger wiper...it makes a very noticeable difference.

Taking our first road trip this week! For sure we'll be shooting lots o' video!
Sponsored

LNFitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Saddle Fitter…and yes, have worked with Mustangs
Country flag
Great videos. The voice over sounds so much better and it allows for more thoughtful insight. Keep them coming!

OP
OP
Doug&Julie

Doug&Julie

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
So I finally got our long road trip video up...I had a very busy July and early August with work, so it took me a while. But if you've got a free 36 minutes, check it out!

Note the total kWh number at the end isn't accurate...at one of the stations (Klamath Falls), we missed the kWh added. Sorry about that. The rest of the numbers are accurate, though.

Schmetsky

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRV, GolfR, MDX, Sienna, RX350
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
So I finally got our long road trip video up...I had a very busy July and early August with work, so it took me a while. But if you've got a free 36 minutes, check it out!

Note the total kWh number at the end isn't accurate...at one of the stations (Klamath Falls), we missed the kWh added. Sorry about that. The rest of the numbers are accurate, though.

Nice video. I think you have a future in travel videos!

Driving up Mt Hood isn't every car a Subaru?
Offroading in an MME well done!
You went with the EA app. Did you compare the stops from EA with the Ford built in app?

Thanks for the video

OP
OP
Doug&Julie

Doug&Julie

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
Nice video. I think you have a future in travel videos!

Driving up Mt Hood isn't every car a Subaru?
Offroading in an MME well done!
You went with the EA app. Did you compare the stops from EA with the Ford built in app?

Thanks for the video
Thanks for the compliments! For sure Subaru is the official car of the PNW...we used to be one of those owners. So far we don't miss it. The Mach-E is a fine soft-roader...not sure I'd call it an off-roader. 😜

We never used the Ford app for...well, anything, really. Other than checking on the charge occasionally. We pre-planned with ABRP and EA, then used the Mach-E onboard navigation to get to each stop. Maybe next time we'll try the Ford app.

Cheers!

Schmetsky

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRV, GolfR, MDX, Sienna, RX350
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Thanks for the compliments! For sure Subaru is the official car of the PNW...we used to be one of those owners. So far we don't miss it. The Mach-E is a fine soft-roader...not sure I'd call it an off-roader. 😜

We never used the Ford app for...well, anything, really. Other than checking on the charge occasionally. We pre-planned with ABRP and EA, then used the Mach-E onboard navigation to get to each stop. Maybe next time we'll try the Ford app.

Cheers!
I think it would be interesting exercise to try each app on one leg of a trip to see how their algorithms work differently..

andyrross

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD
Country flag
Hey Doug, loved this video. Your mom was a hoot. I was impressed at how quickly she adapted to the new car and one pedal driving
My dad turned 92 last month and watching this makes me think I might let him drive around a bit, when I ever get my MME.
I did have one question. On the main screen, you pressed a button to get to the driver profiles. I didn't see the Alexa button that others have remarked is on top of the screen. Is it somewhere else or do you not have one? Or did I miss it and it was actually there. I'm not excited about having an Alexa button on my screen as I'll never use it and would love to not have it show.
Back to the video - the quality of editing is very good. I like how well you switched back and forth from the cameras in real time.
Keep those videos coming!

OP
OP
Doug&Julie

Doug&Julie

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
Hey Doug, loved this video. Your mom was a hoot. I was impressed at how quickly she adapted to the new car and one pedal driving
My dad turned 92 last month and watching this makes me think I might let him drive around a bit, when I ever get my MME.
I did have one question. On the main screen, you pressed a button to get to the driver profiles. I didn't see the Alexa button that others have remarked is on top of the screen. Is it somewhere else or do you not have one? Or did I miss it and it was actually there. I'm not excited about having an Alexa button on my screen as I'll never use it and would love to not have it show.
Back to the video - the quality of editing is very good. I like how well you switched back and forth from the cameras in real time.
Thank you for the kind words! I hope you get your MME soon and can get your dad to drive around a bit...they make fun memories. We lost our dad in 2015 and with every new "event" in my life, I often think of him and how he'd like to be a part of it. I think he would have loved the Mach-E.

You know, I'm not sure about the Alexa button you're referring to...I'm guessing, since we don't have an Alexa and all of our "devices" are Apple products, it doesn't show up for us? Maybe I'm wrong. I'm with you though...I have zero interest in connecting our car to Alexa!

Thanks again for the compliments. I stuck my iPhone 13+ behind us and a GoPro Hero 5 in the front corner. Having two cameras made for a more interesting video, plus it helps a lot with editing (the whole drive was 35 minutes, but I cut it down quite a bit). Also, the iPhone got all the audio, but for some reason the GoPro dropped a few minutes of audio during the drive. So sadly the audio from the iPhone is a little soft, but it's consistent and more importantly it's all there!

I think the next video will be on our experiences with charging and after that should be a one-year review. Stay tuned!

:cool: 🎥 🚗

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
Once the Alexa button shows up you can click it and dismiss it.

jeffvick2005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 TSX, 2017 Civic, MACHE GT grabber blue
Occupation
CPA
Country flag

Great video Doug! I grew up in Beaverton and my parents still live in the same house (near Sexton Mountain grade school/Cooper Mtn area). Great memories driving through Boring, Mt Hood (summer skiing) and Bend (SunRiver). I have a MachE GT in transit - should be here in 3 weeks. Looking forward to the drive from SLC to Beaverton...though I imagine I'll have a bit more range anxiety as the charging stations in Idaho and eastern Oregon are probably not as plentiful as the I-5 corridor.

Keep the videos coming!

OP
OP
Doug&Julie

Doug&Julie

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
...I have a MachE GT in transit - should be here in 3 weeks. Looking forward to the drive from SLC to Beaverton...though I imagine I'll have a bit more range anxiety as the charging stations in Idaho and eastern Oregon are probably not as plentiful as the I-5 corridor.

Keep the videos coming!
For sure...we're hoping to hit the Wallowa Mtn area and eventually visit your way as well...but I've heard the same...pretty thin on charging stations. Hopefully this new infrastructure infusion will help out with that. Until then, we're probably sticking closer to the I5 corridor.

Thanks for the compliments!

Last edited:

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
Very well done!

OP
OP
Doug&Julie

Doug&Julie

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
Episode seven is up! This is my best attempt at explaining charging. I'm calling it "part 1" because I'd like to do another with more in-depth info, but we'll need a few more miles under our belt first. In the meantime, enjoy....

OP
OP
Doug&Julie

Doug&Julie

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
Been super busy with my day job, so this is long overdue, but....episode eight is up! This is a one year review.

Sponsored