Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The specific changeover date between Job 1 cars and Job 2 cars was July 7, 2021, IIRC. If your car was built before July 7 it's a job 1. As always though, there is a great deal of blurring of that line. The major differences are as @ARK said.
Yeah, Ford even had their own internal confusion about the date because there were a couple of documents referencing performing updates to cars earlier than July 1, which left that last week of Job1 production out in the cold. This led some forum members to refer to that week as “Job1.5” cars. 😕🐩
Sponsored

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Is there a TSB number or something I need to tell my dealer? Other than "update everything".

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Is there a TSB number or something I need to tell my dealer? Other than "update everything".
There is no bulletin for this. They will need to update the BCM and GFM and run the routine that adds the frunk button to the Sync screen. But without a bulletin, they may not do it for free.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
@zhackwyatt
Does the lock icon on the door pillar work reasonably well for you? If not, mention that to the dealer. That gives them a specific feature to look up and probably makes it easier for them to charge the time back to Ford. One of the BCM module updates addressed that issue.

Mark Hassa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Rapid Red Mach E Awd SR
Occupation
Food Inspector
Country flag
Anyone have this covered by the dealer? Would be interested to see how they worded this to have warranty pay. My service advisor told me a few times it's all about the wording and that they have to get creative with how they write up the customer complaint. This wording/invoice could then be available to anyone visiting their dealer as proof it got covered by another customer.

An example perhaps...
Complaint: Inoperative Frunk controls in FordPass App.
Cause: Outdated BCM and GFM software
Correction: Updated BCM and GFM module software and ran routine to enable button in Sync in FDRS.

jgcom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X premium, '21
Occupation
Physics prof.
Country flag
If this is ever fully fixed via OTA for all job-1 cars I'd be happy, but it would kill one of the best running jokes on this forum, which would be sad.

MustangE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e, Toyota Prius, Toyota RAV 4
Country flag
I went to the dealership and had them perform updates and add the sync button to the console screen, but when I click on the button, it does not open the frunk. The button is not greyed out or anything, but yet it does not work. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I went to the dealership and had them perform updates and add the sync button to the console screen, but when I click on the button, it does not open the frunk. The button is not greyed out or anything, but yet it does not work. Any help or insight would be appreciated.
Does the frunk open with the door pillar code or can you hear it when you hit the emergency release button inside the frunk? If not, they likely didn't update the BCM.

willowma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium ER AWD on order
Country flag
I now have a working frunk button in FP for my 21 Job 1 non- EA 4EX MME. Must have been OTA at some point as have not had any dealer updates done as far as I know in over a year.

Reactions: ARK

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Yes, the software for displaying the button on the center screen does not check to see if it will actually do anything (I.e. that the GFM and BCM are at or above a certain revision). It just throws the graphic on your screen. 😕🐩

It sounds like the updates your dealer performed did not include the GFM and/or the BCM. They need to do not for the frunk release to work. 🤷‍♂️🐩

MustangE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e, Toyota Prius, Toyota RAV 4
Country flag
Thanks Everyone! I will go back to them to get that done. Hopefully that will be enough to make it work.
Sponsored