bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Whaaat?
Can you share the details of your most recent update?

I completed an OTA just a few days ago, but that did not unlock my app icon for frunk.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Say wuuuuuuut? 🤪🐩 What happened to their explicit inhibit code for your account? 🤔🐩

Does this mean that anyone else’s 2021 Job1 car can get the button if they update their BCM and GFM? Time for Ford to push the OTA for this! 😊🐩

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I see the pattern - now all I have to do is complain for the next 2 years and I can get it too?

I'll start now... WTF... why is there no Frunk button my app?... there that's a start :)

seriously... come on Ford... send the update to the rest of us hapless job 1 owners.

sgriffin130

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Red Mach E- C/T Pkg, '23 Escape PHEV/Prem Pkg
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
I see the pattern - now all I have to do is complain for the next 2 years and I can get it too?

I'll start now... WTF... why is there no Frunk button my app?... there that's a start :)

seriously... come on Ford... send the update to the rest of us hapless job 1 owners.
Don't know if you have checked with your dealer, but, as I posted on another thread I hadn't had updates (2022 Mach E) since Jan 18 and when I went in today to pick up a hitch for my PHEV I asked a service rep about it. He said they have seen problems with a module failing and not allowing updates to occur. There was an OTA attempt on my car in Feb that failed(unbeknownst to me) so he made an appointment to check it and force all the updates.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
NO WAY!! What did the update notes say?!? Congratulations, now you really have to keep the car FOREVER!
LOL. No update notes. PAAK wasn’t working so, when I went to launch the app, the app restarted and there it was!
😀😀😀

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
But have you tried it? Does it actually work?

Congrats if you finally got it. This forum will even be more boring now.
That was the first thing I did, and it works 😀
I’ll try to contribute to the forum but I suspects lots of Job 2+ owners are happy that they’ve heard the last of me whining about a frunk release 😀

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Say wuuuuuuut? 🤪🐩 What happened to their explicit inhibit code for your account? 🤔🐩

Does this mean that anyone else’s 2021 Job1 car can get the button if they update their BCM and GFM? Time for Ford to push the OTA for this! 😊🐩
Sorry, I don’t know how the mechanics work, but I’m pretty sure this is a setting change in the Ford Galactic Super Computer in Dearborn. Someone “pushed the button” 😀
Ford Mustang Mach-E Frunk Button in FordPass YAY! My Job 1 Mach-E is Complete!!!! 1691780401157
Sponsored