Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well today a frunk button showed up in my fordpass. No fordpass update no car update just appeared 🤷‍♂️ So I pressed it. First time it errored out but the second time clunk clunk the frunk opened o_O it is working. Still do not have a icon in sync how does that click in? I am feeling like one of the kool kids now almost right up there with @Jimrpa.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Well today a frunk button showed up in my fordpass. No fordpass update no car update just appeared 🤷‍♂️ So I pressed it. First time it errored out but the second time clunk clunk the frunk opened o_O it is working. Still do not have a icon in sync how does that click in? I am feeling like one of the kool kids now almost right up there with @Jimrpa.
You will need to have someone activate the button on the Sync screen, either through FORscan or using the routine in FDRS. Surprising that the FDRS routine was not run when the BCM and GFM were updated. 🤷‍♂️🐩

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
If you search around here, you will find posts that describe how you can have the soft button enabled on the screen.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You will need to have someone activate the button on the Sync screen, either through FORscan or using the routine in FDRS. Surprising that the FDRS routine was not run when the BCM and GFM were updated. 🤷‍♂️🐩
Have to admit I have not been following the frunk button too closely as I am not in there much since the 12V stop dying on me. Now it is just to treat/protect all the rubber in there and fill up the washer fluid which is where I keep the jug.

2 for 2 on the phone now had to show my wife the great new advancement ;). So no way for it to just appear with a power up? Is one of the modules one that can not be OTA updated and hence no joy except at a dealers? Is there a CSP yet?

MachEasy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, Jeep
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
WOW!!! Nice. Very jealous - I'm still stuck at like 3.5.2! I don't even have the volume knob adjustment thing yet.
Where in the ford pass app can you tell what version you have? Its not immediately obviously to me.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Have to admit I have not been following the frunk button too closely as I am not in there much since the 12V stop dying on me. Now it is just to treat/protect all the rubber in there and fill up the washer fluid which is where I keep the jug.

2 for 2 on the phone now had to show my wife the great new advancement ;). So no way for it to just appear with a power up? Is one of the modules one that can not be OTA updated and hence no joy except at a dealers? Is there a CSP yet?
The frunk update absolutely can be done via OTA, Gord has simply chosen not to do so.

2 Things happened and one did not to get your car to where it’s at right now frunk wise. During one of your visits to the dealer they update two modified which enabled the remote frunk release. They did not run the routine to place the soft button on the sync screen— probably because they were doing something else. The other thing that happened is the FP servers updated to add you to the list of people with a frunk button in FP.

You probably have the ability yo open the frunk from the n pillar as well. Door code then 7-8 IIRC.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The frunk update absolutely can be done via OTA, Gord has simply chosen not to do so.

2 Things happened and one did not to get your car to where it’s at right now frunk wise. During one of your visits to the dealer they update two modified which enabled the remote frunk release. They did not run the routine to place the soft button on the sync screen— probably because they were doing something else. The other thing that happened is the FP servers updated to add you to the list of people with a frunk button in FP.

You probably have the ability yo open the frunk from the n pillar as well. Door code then 7-8 IIRC.
Gord's the man that makes the big decisions I guess? He won't or has not yet? If it can all be done OTA that should be better than everyone running to the dealers to whine about it? Been a long long time outstanding if it can all be done OTA.

Do you have the door pad and phone yet? You use it more than me what would you use the most; the phone, door or sync? Me I am pretty quick with the 2x pull for the amount I use it. May pop it from the house if that is where I am going now it works on the phone. When I need washer fluid I now need not open the car?

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

noflipping

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium 4X, Focus Electric
Country flag

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
If it can all be done OTA that should be better than everyone running to the dealers to whine about it? Been a long long time outstanding if it can all be done OTA.
Ford has chosen, up to this point in time at least, not to deliver the OTA update(s) needed to enable the remote frunk release on Job 1 cars. That is their prerogative. The solution is to take it to the dealer or do the updates yourself through FDRS. We're not privy to their decision-making process and frankly, I personally don't particularly care about the why, I care about the fact they have failed to deliver. Oh, that and the local dealer is schizophrenic about doing the update (for a fee). Some of the job 1s on the island have gotten it done, and others have been told no. Yes, the dealership system is an asset. :rolleyes:
Gord is typo for Ford.
Yes, I defy anyone to do typo-free typing using my iPhone. I've watched it literally change characters as I push the post button. Usually, I don't catch it. That accounts for somewhere between 25% and 30% of my infamous typos. The phone's remaining lifetime is now measured in a few weeks.

Mablanc

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Finally! Got Powerup 6.7.0 last evening and Frunk button works. My 2021 Job1 MME AWD Premium is also complete. Works on Ford pass and works with the door code - holding 7/8. No button on the Sync screen, but I am happy Frunk is now available without having to access the hand lever.
Sponsored