Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I paid $2800 over MSRP (which included about $400 of add-ons) and it doesn't bother me a bit. The MSRP was $48,500. I felt that the value was still there at $51,300. I look at it logically and say to my self, "if the MSRP were $51,300 would I still buy it?" The answer to me was yes. This is just a business transaction and my 12 year old Edge was getting long in the tooth. It was time. If you feel it's a moral issue then stand on your morals. That works. For me, however, it wasn't.

Aside: I got mine at Galpin Ford which has been the world's largest Ford dealer for most of the last 30 years. It's not likely Ford will slap their hand about markups especially since Ford's overall sales have been dismal. So, for that reason I don't see Ford making a big deal about this with others either. Maybe the smaller ones, but not one as big as Galpin.
Sponsored

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I appreciate everyone input on buying in the Bay Area. I am just starting the process of researching all the aspects of buying a MME and one of the areas is where and how to buy. I was thinking of calling/going to Capitol Ford in San Jose, since it down the street from me. However, based on this thread and few others, I will probably go to Morgan Hill Ford. I am not paying an ADM and will be under the X-plan (brother-in law works for Ford). Last year we were looking at the RAV 4 Prime and walked away from many dealers who were asking $10K ADM. There loss, I am now going with the MME.

The nice part is that my wife and I are not in a hurry and have two working cars (only really use one of them). We will wait for the 2022's to come out and are looking (not definite) at the GT in Cyber Orange. Still looking at what after market wheels we will buy but will be keeping the stock tires for now. I guess in six months I will be selling a set of GT wheels.

HDer

First Name
Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
InfiniteBlueRt1, 07XterraManual
Country flag
I appreciate everyone input on buying in the Bay Area. I am just starting the process of researching all the aspects of buying a MME and one of the areas is where and how to buy. I was thinking of calling/going to Capitol Ford in San Jose, since it down the street from me. However, based on this thread and few others, I will probably go to Morgan Hill Ford. I am not paying an ADM and will be under the X-plan (brother-in law works for Ford). Last year we were looking at the RAV 4 Prime and walked away from many dealers who were asking $10K ADM. There loss, I am now going with the MME.

The nice part is that my wife and I are not in a hurry and have two working cars (only really use one of them). We will wait for the 2022's to come out and are looking (not definite) at the GT in Cyber Orange. Still looking at what after market wheels we will buy but will be keeping the stock tires for now. I guess in six months I will be selling a set of GT wheels.
We just got ours at Morgan Hill Ford. Pretty happy with the experience. If you go tell Oliver I say hi. :)

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
New owner here. Picked up an unwanted order for MSRP at Caruso Ford in Long Beach. It's a Premium AWD Ext Range in Infinite Blue Metallic. I called a ton of dealers and was met with $3k to $15k over MSRP. Caruso Ford asked me what I wanted to pay. I said MSRP. The sales guy had to ask his manager first. Received a call 10 minutes later and he said YES. I got in my car and jammed down there. It was awesome. I took a drive and agreed to purchase it. The dealer gave me $350 less than Vroom offered me. The next day the Vroom offer expired and the new offer went down $1000. My old car was a 2020 Honda Clarity PHEV. No add ons or any other shenanigans. Gave me a better interest rate than my own credit union.

IMG_1101.jpeg

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
No add ons or any other shenanigans. Gave me a better interest rate than my own credit union.
Car Crazy Guy, what was the interest rate you got from the dealer? My credit union is 1.49% for 60 months and 1.99% for 72 months. Seems good to me but just do not know what is out there.

EGmachE

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE CR1
Country flag
I got my CR1 from Fairfield Ford at MSRP.

I did some digging around and found the following dealerships in NorCal didn't have markup.

Big Valley, Stockton. But they have a 500$ LoJack option they install

Folsom Lake, Elk Grove, Hoblit. Were all willing to do MSRP.

The rest of the dealers in the central valley region had a mark up of 1500-5000.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Kevin Hunter just posted an excellent video on not paying above MSRP. I have a ton of respect for this guy. You might want to see it.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Kevin Hunter just posted an excellent video on not paying above MSRP. I have a ton of respect for this guy. You might want to see it.
But people that pay above MSRP allow us to pay below MSRP so I’m okay with it. This whole shortage and the demand is the only reason I’m okay with paying current Xplan prices. Pre COVID, I was OTD with my 4runner for under MSRP.

bruceski88

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag

I did Xplan and no ADM at Capital Ford. No drama in April.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Car Crazy Guy, what was the interest rate you got from the dealer? My credit union is 1.49% for 60 months and 1.99% for 72 months. Seems good to me but just do not know what is out there.
I used dealer financing. I did an 84 month loan at 3.44%. I also purchased a 2021 F150 Limited Powerboost 4x4 (cash) a few months so my options were limited to a loan.
Sponsored