I took 2 weeks off of this forum and guess what happened.

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
They were not worried about the infrastructure as cars were a novelty and would never replace the horse.
Ah.............. how history does tend to repeat itself.

Many people on the right think/hope that EV's won't "takeover" and they are leaving it up to "it will happen magically", therefore it is not my problem but rather future generations.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chuck

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Ah.............. how history does tend to repeat itself.

Many people on the right think/hope that EV's won't "takeover" and they are leaving it up to "it will happen magically", therefore it is not my problem but rather future generations.
Well that's an odd generalization. I find myself conservative politically yet here I am with an EV, solar panels, a fully automated home, I don't own a gun, am not religious and am pro-choice. Maybe your biases of the right are formed by watching too much CNN. It's time to get out and meet real people instead of letting corporate media guide your prejudices.

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Country flag
Well that's an odd generalization. I find myself conservative politically yet here I am with an EV, solar panels, a fully automated home, I don't own a gun, am not religious and am pro-choice. Maybe your biases of the right are formed by watching too much CNN. It's time to get out and meet real people instead of letting corporate media guide your prejudices.
You are the exception my friend.😉

OP
OP
Chuck

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
You are the exception my friend.😉
Unfortunately that's not the case. But your response is exactly what the main stream media, CNN, MSNBC, ABC News, Fox News, etc., want the world to believe. They want us to think that all of the people on the right are extreme and identical clones and all of the people on the left are extreme and identical clones. But the reality is that most of us are very close to the middle and that doesn't fit their narrative so they all do their best to divide us. If they can't divide us then they don't have a story to sell. I say, just don't fall for it.

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Country flag
Unfortunately that's not the case. But your response is exactly what the main stream media, CNN, MSNBC, ABC News, Fox News, etc., want the world to believe. They want us to think that all of the people on the right are extreme and identical clones and all of the people on the left are extreme and identical clones. But the reality is that most of us are very close to the middle and that doesn't fit their narrative so they all do their best to divide us. If they can't divide us then they don't have a story to sell. I say, just don't fall for it.
If you read my response carefully, you will notice that I stated "many people on the right". I actually didn't even imply that most people on the right think that way. You were assuming that along with my television viewing habits? I am merely stating that opinion from many of the Politicians "on the right" that have leaned away from going electric. I am sure that there are few on the left that think the same way but I would hedge my bets that more on the right think that way as opposed to the left. I stand by my assertion that many of the right have an opposing view of electric cars. Once again, you are an exception.

In any case, it appears that we are most likely in agreement on many things than we are not in terms of alternative energy sourcing. I would consider myself more moderate but lean to the left. Once again, I would guess that we are much closer in alignment than you may think. ;)

Have a good one. 🍻

Aye Aye Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Elechicken
Country flag
I won't buy it if I have to wait that long. Was that 2021 "parts hold" or recall related? Was your dealer helpful or indifferent? How was the communication or update process from Ford? Were there any 'price protection" or markup issues?
1668555120910.jpeg
We had ordered the dark blue color and not too long after we put the order in Ford put that color on constraint for whatever reason, delaying the order then it dragged on a bit and the order got pushed to a 22MY car.
The dealership was helpful but managed to screw the order up with the wrong color, which wasn't a big deal for us. Our dealer kept us in the loop as much as they could. I believe Ford gave us a credit to cover the price hike.