Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
  • Banned
While wiping the front camera I accidentally pulled a tab next to the camera and a small plastic part fell off. I have no idea what it is for and how to put it back. Do you know what that is? I have a temptation just to glue it back and pretend it never happened, but first want to hear good ideas from the forum experts.

This is where it was

Ford Mustang Mach-E What is this thing that fell off? 1626216799553

And this is how it looks

Ford Mustang Mach-E What is this thing that fell off? 1626216909896

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
While wiping the front camera I accidentally pulled a tab next to the camera and a small plastic part fell off. I have no idea what it is for and how to put it back. Do you know what that is? I have a temptation just to glue it back and pretend it never happened, but first want to hear good ideas from the forum experts.

This is where it was

And this is how it looks

It’s for the camera washer sprayer I think?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Last edited:
OP
OP
RedStallion

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
  • Banned
It’s for the camera washer sprayer I think?
No, it's not a sprayer. Hard to say what it covers, perhaps some control block. What's surprising is that it's so flimsy, it can be broken by something as simple as pressure washer. I think I'll just glue it back and try to seal around the corners to prevent water from getting in there.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
No, it's not a sprayer. Hard to say what it covers, perhaps some control block. What's surprising is that it's so flimsy, it can be broken by something as simple as pressure washer. I think I'll just glue it back and try to seal around the corners to prevent water from getting in there.
Maybe tape it in place for now... Then run your windshield washers for several seconds and see what kind of mess it makes before deciding to glue it.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Well I should have said spray deflector, check the threads Mark posted.

BBUSTARD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Similar thing happened to me. If piece isn't broken just have someone wash the windows and the front camera sprayer will pop out. Carefully push your cover piece back on. You only have a few seconds to do it.

OP
OP
RedStallion

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Similar thing happened to me. If piece isn't broken just have someone wash the windows and the front camera sprayer will pop out. Carefully push your cover piece back on. You only have a few seconds to do it.
Yes, you are right. I'm glad I didn't glue it in. The sprayer does pop out like a little rodent from its hole in the ground only to immediately hide back. And it keeps spraying around when it's out like a skunk. I don't know if I can manage putting this plastic cover while that is happening.

Benny’66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Plant Manager
Country flag
Pretty bad when you get called out in every thread you post in.

Maybe you can tell us what this “current” perfect vehicle(s) is? Because of the 30 or so vehicles I’ve owned, they ALL have had some “issue”.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Actually, from 1987 to 2016 I owned 5 Chrysler minivans. One of the minivans had a recall on the squeaking front motor mount, the final one needed a new head gasket on a recall. 2 out of 5 is a record I'd be proud of.

In those 29 years I spent less than $700 on repairs, brakes and tires aside. I was without a vehicle a total of 6 days in 29 years.

My 2016 Mazda CX-5 has had zero problems, but you DO have to carry a fob to drive it, so there's THAT!

Cars can be built with no need to visit a dealer for other than scheduled maintenance.

This is definitely a beta tester. No doubt about that at all, considering that dealers are stopped dead in their tracks when presented with a problem. They haven't finished writing the repair book. We're helping them do that.

Benny’66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Plant Manager
Country flag
I guess you forgot to mention what this current perfect car you have is.
Made by some vehicle manufacturer who makes completely perfect vehicles every time.

And I know it can’t be a Tesla, cuz I will just grab some 2020 quotes from Consumer Reports for you:

“Consumer Reports is no longer recommending Tesla Model S and is panning the reliability of the new Model Y”

“Tesla’s Model S had problems with its air suspension and main computer and touchscreen controls, according to Jake Fisher, senior director of auto testing at Consumer Reports. The Model Y had body hardware and paint problems, he said.”

“Overall, Tesla ranked second to last in the reliability study. It was down two spots from a year ago due to the issues identified in the Model S and the Model Y, which went on sale earlier this year. The Model Y has “well below average reliability,”

“In a recent, widely reported incident, the glass roof flew off of one owner’s brand new Tesla Model Y.”

“Many of the problems identified by Consumer Reports have been ongoing for Tesla. The company notified owners of older Model S and Model X vehicles that Tesla will some refunds for repairs if the owner previously had to pay out of pocket to fix a problem in their main computers. That problem manifested as a blank touchscreen, and drivers losing access to temperature controls, rear view cameras and other glitches. It was related to memory-device failures in the computer that stores data from the vehicle.

After Tesla sent that notice to owners, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration expanded a safety probe into the issues with the main computers in Model S and Model X vehicles made from 2012 to early 2018. Depending on results of the engineering analysis, the federal probe could prompt a mandatory recall that goes beyond Tesla’s warranty adjustment. According to NHTSA documents, approximately 159,000 vehicles may have been effected.”
Sponsored