Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Select
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Country flag
I normally drive my car at least 20-30 miles daily, often more, so I have it scheduled to charge to 90% using my 32 amp 240 volt Grizzl-e in my garage. I took an impromptu trip which will keep me away from the vehicle for about 35 days. I didn’t have an opportunity to run it down to 50, and there is no way for me to set up a lower charging point remotely. I know from what I’ve read here, and in the owners manual that it’s not ideal to leave it plugged in and at 90% for more than 30 days, but at this point I have no choice. It would be helpful if the car had an “optimize charging” mode that could be activated remotely.
Sponsored

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
Can you remotely stop charging in FP, I can in my car but not sure that is universal. If it is on a schedule, you may have to repeat.

You may be able to draw down the HVB by remote starting. Effectivity will depend on climate setting.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
This is one of those "relax, don't worry" moments. The amount of remote starting to get it down more than a point or two is huge.

Your car will be fine.

OP
OP
PVQ

PVQ

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Country flag
This is one of those "relax, don't worry" moments. The amount of remote starting to get it down more than a point or two is huge.

Your car will be fine.
Thank you RickMachE. I'm not that worried but I think adoption of EV will be easier if people didn't need to worry about the battery

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Thank you RickMachE. I'm not that worried but I think adoption of EV will be easier if people didn't need to worry about the battery
I totally concur. Part of the problem of frequenting a forum like this, which is loaded with geeks / engineers / scientists / early adopters / and a few weirdos ? is the emphasis on things that the average car owner need not concern themselves with.

I can guarantee you that IF someone did an analysis years out, and compared your car with 90% held for over a month as compared to the identical usage without that, they'd would not be able to detect ANY difference in battery life.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I normally drive my car at least 20-30 miles daily, often more, so I have it scheduled to charge to 90% using my 32 amp 240 volt Grizzl-e in my garage. I took an impromptu trip which will keep me away from the vehicle for about 35 days. I didn’t have an opportunity to run it down to 50, and there is no way for me to set up a lower charging point remotely. I know from what I’ve read here, and in the owners manual that it’s not ideal to leave it plugged in and at 90% for more than 30 days, but at this point I have no choice. It would be helpful if the car had an “optimize charging” mode that could be activated remotely.
I had the same thought! I hope they add it.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/optimized-adaptive-charging.11239/

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Agree.

But if you are only driving 20-30 miles per day why are you charging all the way to 90%? Sounds like you could get by with 70% or 80% daily. In my case we drive about 10 miles per day on average so I have mine set to 80%. That gives me my daily range plus enough for impromptu trips to the in-laws and back (95 miles roundtrip).

OP
OP
PVQ

PVQ

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Country flag
Agree.

But if you are only driving 20-30 miles per day why are you charging all the way to 90%? Sounds like you could get by with 70% or 80% daily. In my case we drive about 10 miles per day on average so I have mine set to 80%. That gives me my daily range plus enough for impromptu trips to the in-laws and back (95 miles roundtrip).
im a realtor so I never know how much I’ll need

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I think adoption of EV will be easier if people didn't need to worry about the battery
People don't need to, but a lot of people choose to. I don't.
Sponsored