OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Interesting. They moved the racing video from the racing forum to the video forum.

I guess it could fit in both? Not really show and tell for me since it’s not my video. 🤔

Could also probably be in the GT sub Forum. Lots of overlap. I think I need a Venn diagram.

jdunc87

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT PE, 20 Mustang GT 401A PP1, 21 F150
Occupation
make stuff go faster
Country flag
I own both a GTPE and a FBO (full bolt on for those that dont know) ICE GT, and I can promise theres a 1 second gap by the 1/4 stripe in terms of a drag race. My ICE gt traps 120-122+mph out the back.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
I own both a GTPE and a FBO (full bolt on for those that dont know) ICE GT, and I can promise theres a 1 second gap by the 1/4 stripe in terms of a drag race. My ICE gt traps 120-122+mph out the back.
Very cool. Hopefully Ford will figure out how to dump the 5 sec full power limitation. If they do, I'd love to see the 1/4 time.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
That was the MME GT, not the faster MME GTPE.
True, but based on actual tests the GTPE is hardly any faster at all than the MMEGT. Its very close.

Those races went pretty much exactly how I expected. From a roll the 5.0 is faster, but if going from a standstill it would take a good while to catch the MMEGT.

River Rat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach Ex Iced Bue, 23 Lightning Ext SW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did you get a time?

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How’s that first 1/8th mile though vs your modified ICE GT? 😜

We just need to let off at 80 mph every time to “win.”

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Very cool. Hopefully Ford will figure out how to dump the 5 sec full power limitation. If they do, I'd love to see the 1/4 time.
Part of me is wondering if they knew the high voltage battery connectors were bad to begin with, and that’s why the 5 second rule… 🤷‍♂️

Psalm139

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Abarth 124
Country flag
I mean, if I wanted a GT I would buy a GT.
I wanted a car as fast as the GT, with a useable back seat, a nice interior, the ability to haul things, little maintenance, and no gas.
For that trade off, I can put up with 5 second limits.
The only people that care are car enthusiasts that shun electric anyway.

And I say this as an enthusiast with a petrol car and many good friends who won't buy electric no matter how fast it is because "what happens when the batteries die?"

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Drag strips tell a different story. Eaxct same.
Not quite. Every GT “best” seems to be about 0.15 seconds slower than the GTPE.

That said, it’s close enough and significantly closer than the 0.3 seconds that was advertised.

The same car, same track, same day will be a couple tenths different run to run. So they’re within the margin of error for sure. Drivers race.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I have had 7 ICE GTs, including a whopping 225 HP 1987!

My brand new 18 ICE GT with Performance Package 2 and every option including adjustable exhaust Sound, it was so absolutely insane and just viseral from sound, to sideways, etc, I had to sell it within 6 months as I was racing my boys friends cars!

My GTPE is a blast, but I can control myself at least. (So far anyhow) having Solar definitely helps vs. the premium fuel in the ICE 5.0.

Hell, I put my 21!Powerboost F150 in Sport mode and with some wet roads and stability control off, was 4wheel drive power sliding just a week ago!

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Not quite. Every GT “best” seems to be about 0.15 seconds slower than the GTPE.

That said, it’s close enough and significantly closer than the 0.3 seconds that was advertised.

The same car, same track, same day will be a couple tenths different run to run. So they’re within the margin of error for sure. Drivers race.
could it maybe be down to the tires? Continental all-seasons touring vs. Pirelli ultra high performance

pbgear

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT
Country flag
in this side by side video the non performance gt was quicker than the gtpe on several runs consistently

Sponsored