Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E premium
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
I did receive a call from dealer telling me iconic Silver was no longer available and had to change. My Oder was place in Aug 2021
Sponsored

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T, 2022 MME Prem Ext Rwd
Country flag
Does anyone have an idea of what colors WILL work for an order this year? My dealership has not contacted me yet. Losing faith.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Does anyone have an idea of what colors WILL work for an order this year? My dealership has not contacted me yet. Losing faith.
For 2021? Everything except: Infinite Blue, Carbonized Gray, and now, apparently, iconic silver.

For 2022 the color line up for non GT's appear to be:

Space White, Star White, Dark Matter Gray, Shadow Black, Rapid Red, and a color close to iconic silver (possibly different, possibly a different name). The 2022 color lineup should be announced "soon."

Paint pigment shortages are very real, and not just in the automotive industry.

Last edited:

mfbrown

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Prem, RWD, ER; 2023 MME Prem, RWD, ER
Country flag
I was talking to my dealer and he mentioned that he thought some of the delivery issues were related to getting paint. Chips are not the only thing in short supply!

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Ford is going back to its roots, and old Henry's apocryphal offer:

You can have any color you like, so long as it's black.
DUPONT was too busy making gunpowder in those da

jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X
Might be able to shed some light on this.

I placed an order for an Iconic Silver MachE Premium that was accepted by the dealer about a week ago. Got a phone call today: Ford is not making anymore 2021 Iconic Silver ME's. They gave me two options 1) get a 2021 ME in a different color, or 2) roll over into a 2022 model and get Iconic Silver. They quoted a 3 month wait time for the 2021 ME, and a 5 month wait time for the 2022.

I went with the 2022. If I'm spending this much on a car, might as well get exactly what I want. Plus I like the idea of a 2nd generation model. I'm sure Ford has put some nice tweaks in it.

I am not 100% certain about this, but it sounded like the store manager had a conversation with manufacturing. It seems Iconic Silver will likely be available in 2022.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Might be able to shed some light on this.

I placed an order for an Iconic Silver MachE Premium that was accepted by the dealer about a week ago. Got a phone call today: Ford is not making anymore 2021 Iconic Silver ME's. They gave me two options 1) get a 2021 ME in a different color, or 2) roll over into a 2022 model and get Iconic Silver. They quoted a 3 month wait time for the 2021 ME, and a 5 month wait time for the 2022.

I went with the 2022. If I'm spending this much on a car, might as well get exactly what I want. Plus I like the idea of a 2nd generation model. I'm sure Ford has put some nice tweaks in it.

I am not 100% certain about this, but it sounded like the store manager had a conversation with manufacturing. It seems Iconic Silver will likely be available in 2022.
Thanks for this information. I put the order (EB, Premium and 4 wheel drive)in last Friday and was told right after order was submitted that no silver was available. I changed color to second choice and if only a 3 month wait I would be happy. I was told my car could take 6 months for a 2021. now I might talk to dealer about 2022 in Silver.

I Bought a 2015 Macan near end of first year and all problems seemed to be worked out. hope the same with Mach E but will consider 2022.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I like the idea of a 2nd generation model. I'm sure Ford has put some nice tweaks in it.
Your childlike faith is touching.

I hope you are right - for your sake; I'm signed up for a 21. But I would not bet on it.

Tomcat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Grabber Blue AWD Premium ER
Occupation
Product Engineer
Country flag
I ordered on August 4th at the dealer. They told me to just come in and the sales manager would do it and not to worry about the online with deposit. They plugged it in, showed it to me and printed it out. It has a priority code 10. I also created an account on Ford.com but it says I don't have a reservation or an order. Asks me for a VIN. So I called the Ford Relations Center and spoke with someone. They say they can see my Order ID (which is something like K77B) and Dealer info but it has no other information. Very confusing! Any insight from anyone? Since it was before August 26th, does that mean it will be produced in Iconic Silver?

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I ordered on August 4th at the dealer. They told me to just come in and the sales manager would do it and not to worry about the online with deposit. They plugged it in, showed it to me and printed it out. It has a priority code 10. I also created an account on Ford.com but it says I don't have a reservation or an order. Asks me for a VIN. So I called the Ford Relations Center and spoke with someone. They say they can see my Order ID (which is something like K77B) and Dealer info but it has no other information. Very confusing! Any insight from anyone? Since it was before August 26th, does that mean it will be produced in Iconic Silver?
My order was a month after you and as soon as the dealer entered my order in the Ford system they called me and said silver wasn’t available. If you weren’t told yet either you are good or dealer is sleeping.

bigger issue for me is that most likely mine is going to 2022 so I might get silver yet

good luck and may the force be with you

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium, van down by the river
Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag
No Iconic Silver in 2022, looks like it's been fully discontinued.

DELETED PAINT:
- Carbonized Gray
- Iconic Silver

is.png
Sponsored