If you are in the Bay area and looking....

Cohenfive

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rs7
Country flag
I was at Walnut Creek Ford today with my daughter, looking at Transit vans...and the dealership had 6 Mach-E that I saw. They were all just out in the lot, none looked sold yet. They also had a 'no markup' sticker on the window FWIW.
Sponsored

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I was at Walnut Creek Ford today with my daughter, looking at Transit vans...and the dealership had 6 Mach-E that I saw. They were all just out in the lot, none looked sold yet. They also had a 'no markup' sticker on the window FWIW.
Thanks for posting! I was going to head from the City to Concord Ford (the dealer I order the MME through) to get a quote on my trade in after reading the online trade-in thread. Maybe I'll stop in Walnut Creek and see if they have a Route 1 and will make me a good offer on my Energi ?

OP
OP

Cohenfive

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rs7
Country flag
Thanks for posting! I was going to head from the City to Concord Ford (the dealer I order the MME through) to get a quote on my trade in after reading the online trade-in thread. Maybe I'll stop in Walnut Creek and see if they have a Route 1 and will make me a good offer on my Energi ?
We have purchased from them in the past (used F150) and they have always been good to deal with for us. Not sure what the 'Route 1' version is, but in terms of colors I saw one white (off white, looked pretty), one blue/grey, two black and two red. Happy hunting! Sounds like a really good job done by Ford.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
We have purchased from them in the past (used F150) and they have always been good to deal with for us. Not sure what the 'Route 1' version is, but in terms of colors I saw one white (off white, looked pretty), one blue/grey, two black and two red. Happy hunting! Sounds like a really good job done by Ford.
I'll make a longer post later... But I'm grabbing the black CA Route 1 off their lot right now ?

Don't know whether to thank you or curse you for feeding into my impulsiveness! Lolol

OP
OP

Cohenfive

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rs7
Country flag
Glad I could be of assistance. I'll tell our sales guy, maybe he will give us a discount!

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
Glad I could be of assistance. I'll tell our sales guy, maybe he will give us a discount!
I think two or three of their Mach Es are demo cars that they cannot sell until they have it for several months or driven for several thousand miles. And they received them in mid February I think. I was offered black Mach E RWD Standard but with 700 miles on it (and daily wash :) I didn't find it too attractive price wise - knowing I will get mine in May/June.

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They cannot give anybody a discount on Mach E if you are going to use any discounts (like X plan). They offered $500 discount for Premium RWD Standard with 700 miles but then you would not be able to use X-plan or Ford Options.

OP
OP

Cohenfive

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rs7
Country flag
We are buying a transit cargo van, not the Mach E..those are being discounted.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I actually told them I learned of it on this forum so you should definitely mention it - DM me when you go to purchase and I'll give you my info ? I dealt with Mariano and Shahram. Must say they have their shit together. They sold their 27th and 28th MMEs today, and think maybe a third as I was leaving. The rep said they're in the top 10 nationwide in EV sales, but it's the Bay so no surprise - I even asked if every top 10 was in CA but he wasn't sure.

I have to say this was probably my best car purchase experience ever, mainly because they knew I had another order with Concord and I showed them that my Mustang Club of America pin wouldn't be be live for a month. They said Ford will in no way make an exception, and I even told them I didn't want them to discount off MSRP on my account, since I knew it would sell and I could just come back in a month. I simply told them the only way I'd do it was if they made up for the X-Plan discount with my trade-in, and they ended up beating even the online car companies by the $900 I would've saved with X-Plan. Granted, I could've waited a month and probably gotten the same deal with X-Plan, but after finding out we're getting Ellis Act evicted for an owner move in, I needed a pick me up lolol

They also weren't pushy at all in the finance room, and Melissa didn't bat an eye when I told her I wasn't going with the extended warranty on an Options plan or adding Gap coverage since I'm getting that through my insurance company. After all the frustration of no response from my original dealer, this was quite the pleasant surprise.

TL;DR - Walnut Creek Ford is solid

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I think two or three of their Mach Es are demo cars that they cannot sell until they have it for several months or driven for several thousand miles. And they received them in mid February I think. I was offered black Mach E RWD Standard but with 700 miles on it (and daily wash :) I didn't find it too attractive price wise - knowing I will get mine in May/June.
Yeah they have a RWD standard range in an awesome blue/silver color that I actually preferred more than the black, but I think it's their demo and I would've only gone extended range anyway. Also a white first edition demo I believe.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Great thread. Thanks for sharing. Good dealers deserve the extra business. The bad ones will be left wondering: "where are all the customers?"

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah they have a RWD standard range in an awesome blue/silver color that I actually preferred more than the black, but I think it's their demo and I would've only gone extended range anyway. Also a white first edition demo I believe.
Blue/Silver color? Are we talking about Mach E? :) You probably meant Infinite Blue - yeah, I saw that car and I test drove the White one (Premium AWD Extended) and test drove Black one (Premium Standard RWD) - this one was for sale. I also saw Carbonized Gray, then Rapid Red parked somewhere inside but not sure if it was for sale or demo. Yeah, they are pretty good, I like them, though they are trying to sales tax me for the whole MSRP plus Delivery without taking the rebates off. Telling me that's how it's done in California. But Tesla is in California too and they take the clean vehicle coupon off first before calculating sales tax :) So, I still see some work ahead :)

OP
OP

Cohenfive

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rs7
Country flag
I'm glad you had a good purchase experience...but you always need to be thorough in looking through the numbers even with good dealers.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Blue/Silver color? Are we talking about Mach E? :) You probably meant Infinite Blue - yeah, I saw that car and I test drove the White one (Premium AWD Extended) and test drove Black one (Premium Standard RWD) - this one was for sale. I also saw Carbonized Gray, then Rapid Red parked somewhere inside but not sure if it was for sale or demo. Yeah, they are pretty good, I like them, though they are trying to sales tax me for the whole MSRP plus Delivery without taking the rebates off. Telling me that's how it's done in California. But Tesla is in California too and they take the clean vehicle coupon off first before calculating sales tax :) So, I still see some work ahead :)
They are correct, the sales tax is calculated on the full price (or x-plan price if you use one) including accessories and destination, all rebates and incentive programs are considered down payment. And you won't get any tax deductions from your trade-in, that's how it's done in greedy California :rolleyes:

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
INFINITE BLUE! Yes, that's the color. I totally blanked on the name lol. It's probably my favorite of the color schemes, but I just couldn't go with a standard range. My parents and sister happened to be at Crate and Barrel nearby so they came to dealer before I headed back to SF. We all agreed the Infinite Blue have the MME a sleeker feel, while the black had a more muscular, beefy impression (in a good way lol). Regardless, I've been driving a black Energi since 2016, so I'm good with it.
Sponsored