Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
If your interested in buying a Mach-E NOW then don't start calling dealers or visiting dealers, that's just a waste of time. Here's a tip that I received when I was ready to commit to ordering a Mach E in April and dreaded the long wait. Here's the tip: Head on over to Autotrader.com and search for Mustang Mach E. That's what I did and I had my Mustang in less than 24 hours. The dealer I bought it from even delivered it to my house. Dealers list a lot of their cars on AutoTrader, including Mustang Mach E's, so it should be easy to find one.. If you find one and have one on order then just cancel the one you have on order.

For example, I just did a search for my zip code and expanded it to include a 100 mile radius of my house. There are 70 Mach E's listed, ten of them under $50,000. If you're tired of waiting in the queue or are just starting to look then give this a try.
Sponsored

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Apparently Dorian Ford in MI (which weirdly doesn't fit my 150 mile filter but still showed up) has a fully loaded Cyber Orange GTPE for sale at sticker. Here

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I ordered from a dealer in May, and then just kept looking here using my zip code and 100 mile radius, and got mine in June.

https://shop.ford.com/inventory/mach-e/?gnav=shopnav-si

My May order has not been built yet, guess I need to officially cancel. But the dealer did not even require a deposit. I wanted the CA Route 1, which took longer to find.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Apparently Dorian Ford in MI (which weirdly doesn't fit my 150 mile filter but still showed up) has a fully loaded Cyber Orange GTPE for sale at sticker. Here
LOL, I like how they show the Orange on a normal Premium body...

OP
OP
Chuck

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Of the 70 Mustang Mach E's that showed up in my original post, 24 of them are GT's.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
LOL, I like how they show the Orange on a normal Premium body...
"We need a picture of the Cyber Orange GT on our website!"
"Go out and take a picture of it!"
"Wait, no... I have a better idea....."

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Of the 70 Mustang Mach E's that showed up in my original post, 24 of them are GT's.
Yeah, I noticed that but the Orange is the only one that interests me =)

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
This is typical for Michigan dealers. Everyone here either works for an automaker, or a supplier, or has family, etc. So all the dealers honor things like A/Z/D/X plans. If they didn't ... they would only be able to sell a few cars per year to the very tiny number of people who are not connected to the auto-industry one way or another.

BTW, you can also just go to Ford.com, scroll down to 'Search Inventory' (near the bottom of the front page) and search that way.

The one caveat ... *some* dealers list customer ordered cars as if they are available to anyone ... in order to drive interest. My own dealer doesn't do this ... they only list cars that are actually up for grabs. It's up to the dealer to decide what they list.

ncaadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
If your interested in buying a Mach-E NOW then don't start calling dealers or visiting dealers, that's just a waste of time. Here's a tip that I received when I was ready to commit to ordering a Mach E in April and dreaded the long wait. Here's the tip: Head on over to Autotrader.com and search for Mustang Mach E. That's what I did and I had my Mustang in less than 24 hours. The dealer I bought it from even delivered it to my house. Dealers list a lot of their cars on AutoTrader, including Mustang Mach E's, so it should be easy to find one.. If you find one and have one on order then just cancel the one you have on order.

For example, I just did a search for my zip code and expanded it to include a 100 mile radius of my house. There are 70 Mach E's listed, ten of them under $50,000. If you're tired of waiting in the queue or are just starting to look then give this a try.
This is almost exactly what I did. Test drove it. Went home, searched for hours on autotrader, called as many dealers as I could. Found one that agreed to some terms, boom. Had it the next day.

One thing to look out for is many dealers list demo units (idk if it’s a requirement or what) and in some cases I had to call to find out that what was available was a demo unit.

also make sure to discuss any and all terms on the phone (ADM, out the door price, tax credit, options support, etc.) we all know dealers will gloss over details if you don’t ask the right questions.

BlackMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Called on one of these auto trader listing (Suburban Ford) and apparently they are listing customer ordered cars with the idea that that the customer MIGHT cancel and the car could be available at some point. Apparently not the case for all dealers since Chuck got one.

Steve-o

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue MME-GTPE
Country flag
Also look at the APR piece as well. I had gotten 1.4% in August and looks like 1.9% now (my dealer locked me in). 1.4% to 1.9% is not really much, but agree ask the dealer everything being there is shady dealers out there.

jrhurren

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Mustang
Country flag
I'm sad to report that this strategy has not worked for me. I used both Ford.com and Autotrader. Called 15 dealerships and every car listed was already spoken for. ...so ill sit and wait some more...

Zordude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWS EXT, CX-5
Country flag
I'm sad to report that this strategy has not worked for me. I used both Ford.com and Autotrader. Called 15 dealerships and every car listed was already spoken for. ...so ill sit and wait some more...
Yeah this did not work for me either. I think it might have been easier 4-5 months ago. (I'm sure location plays a BIG part too)

I checked this multiple times a day for 2+ weeks with a 200 mile radius and all I ever got what "that car on our website is a customer special order, would you like to place an order?"

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
This is typical for Michigan dealers. Everyone here either works for an automaker, or a supplier, or has family, etc. So all the dealers honor things like A/Z/D/X plans. If they didn't ... they would only be able to sell a few cars per year to the very tiny number of people who are not connected to the auto-industry one way or another.

BTW, you can also just go to Ford.com, scroll down to 'Search Inventory' (near the bottom of the front page) and search that way.

The one caveat ... *some* dealers list customer ordered cars as if they are available to anyone ... in order to drive interest. My own dealer doesn't do this ... they only list cars that are actually up for grabs. It's up to the dealer to decide what they list.

Chiming in from UK. Going to Ford.com and searching for inventory is exactly what I did and I got what I was looking for. Mach E 4X in Rapid Red. Got the car in less than two weeks. Happy owner since 10th of Sept.

Tarynem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium (pending)
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Called on one of these auto trader listing (Suburban Ford) and apparently they are listing customer ordered cars with the idea that that the customer MIGHT cancel and the car could be available at some point. Apparently not the case for all dealers since Chuck got one.
That is sooooo thirsty. These dealers will stop at nothing.
Sponsored