First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, XC60, RR Prem Ex4 (rcvd 11/21)
Country flag
Coverage.

We will be getting access to ~15,000 SuperChargers.
Is it really 15,000? We won't be able to use V2 Superchargers, from what I understand, and there are a lot of V2 Superchargers out there.

Note: I'm hugely excited by the network expanding, but, to paraphrase Orwell, not all chargers are created equally.

OP
OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Is it really 15,000? We won't be able to use V2 Superchargers, from what I understand, and there are a lot of V2 Superchargers out there.

Note: I'm hugely excited by the network expanding, but, to paraphrase Orwell, not all chargers are created equally.
yes

Ralph Malph

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mustang Mach-e, 21 Mustang convertible
Occupation
Logistics
Country flag
In charging deserts, this literally doubles the options. Right now trips require planning stops around charger access. A broken charger can cause a 100-mile plan change. With Supercharger access you have the opportunity to plan stops in a way that is much more convenient to your schedule. EA is the only game in this region. Competition is sorely needed.
I guess I assumed that you guys in the US had a much bigger/better non Tesla network. Being there isn't as much interest in Western Canada (the prairies) to drive EV's we seemto have more options because of less demand on the chargers, I have only seen one other Mach-e, a really nice looking VW car and a Hyundai SUV in the last month, everything else you is Tesla.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
I think I will be an Adaptor when I get an Adapter this Spring but I have no idea when that occurs because we do not have that season in Alaska so can I have it now?
Come on, you have spring, it’s when you go from totally frozen to partially frozen, then summer which is much better off, it’s just freakin cold.m
It takes so long for you to warm up you dont realize!

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
'Adapter' is preferred in American English and is utilized in the United States and countries that adhere to American English spelling conventions. Like 'adaptor,' 'adapter' refers to a device that enables compatibility or connection between two different systems or devices.
And just which countries, other than ‘Murica, adhere to our variant of “English”?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I guess I assumed that you guys in the US had a much bigger/better non Tesla network. Being there isn't as much interest in Western Canada (the prairies) to drive EV's we seemto have more options because of less demand on the chargers, I have only seen one other Mach-e, a really nice looking VW car and a Hyundai SUV in the last month, everything else you is Tesla.
You’re kidding, right? Read any of the zillions of threads whining about the lack of chargers, the broken chargers, the slow chargers and so on. The US is pretty much the third world of chargers 😀

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
And just which countries, other than ‘Murica, adhere to our variant of “English”?
Due to the dominant cultural influence of all those super high value movies and tv programs that is pumped around the world, American English is accepted in many English exams globally. Even when I was doing English class in New Zealand a super long time ago, US English was being adopted and adapted at the same time. Now it’s more common.

The second largest English speaking country China tends to speak American. The largest, India is more British. Now let’s see where this goes to!

I can’t wait for Autumn ( the debate, not the season) if people will fall for that one 😝.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Due to the dominant cultural influence of all those super high value movies and tv programs that is pumped around the world, American English is accepted in many English exams globally. Even when I was doing English class in New Zealand a super long time ago, US English was being adopted and adapted at the same time. Now it’s more common.

The second largest English speaking country China tends to speak American. The largest, India is more British. Now let’s see where this goes to!

I can’t wait for Autumn ( the debate, not the season) if people will fall for that one 😝.
Looking at the NZ government website, it appears that, officially, they’re still using UK spellings and grammar (“licence”, “organisation”). English isn’t an “official” language in china but, in my experience, the Chinese are all over the place with the English. Sometimes they use UK spelling and grammar, sometimes they use ‘Murica spelling and grammar, and sometimes they use a “localized” spelling and grammar 😉
I can’t think of a country, other than ‘Murica that “officially” uses American spelling and grammar as their “official” or “primary” language (and no, I’m not going to count territories like Guam).

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Fair call. However their universities and high schools do officially accept US spelling. Even in Canada we are very metric but I still buy food by the pound (should be grams) and I buy 2x4 from the lumber yard. In NZ it used to be a 4x2 at the timber yard. Now though you buy 100x50 (millimetres). Canada is so US on many things while trying to be unique. China is all over the place but the US is still where the bulk of their material comes from. I’ve given up trying to correct English, around here anything goes. Makes it more colourful and colorful.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Fair call. However their universities and high schools do officially accept US spelling. Even in Canada we are very metric but I still buy food by the pound (should be grams) and I buy 2x4 from the lumber yard. In NZ it used to be a 4x2 at the timber yard. Now though you buy 100x50 (millimetres). Canada is so US on many things while trying to be unique. China is all over the place but the US is still where the bulk of their material comes from. I’ve given up trying to correct English, around here anything goes. Makes it more colourful and colorful.
LOL English is the Wild West of languages! 🤪🐩

Ralph Malph

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mustang Mach-e, 21 Mustang convertible
Occupation
Logistics
Country flag
You’re kidding, right? Read any of the zillions of threads whining about the lack of chargers, the broken chargers, the slow chargers and so on. The US is pretty much the third world of chargers 😀
I honestly did not know that, have never searched because i always got my news at supper time and it never came up. Only thing I ever saw on the news was the big Chicago fiasco of 24.
Sponsored