Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi All,

I’m thinking of buying a Garmin dash camera and wondering if anyone has done this. It comes with a 13-foot cord, and the illustration shows this:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Install dash cam anyone? Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 11.57.26 AM

Has anyone done this? Is it doable/difficult to hide the cord along the windshield and on down?

Thanks, and Happy New Year y’all!

—Mark
Sponsored

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
lots of people have done it including myself. i ended up not taking off the pillar trim and just routing it through the rubber seal, works fine been 2 years

OP
OP

MarkW.

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
lots of people have done it including myself. i ended up not taking off the pillar trim and just routing it through the rubber seal, works fine been 2 years
Thanks Flapjack!

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Agree on the Dongar adapter, just installed under the mirror wiring cover and used a short USB-A to USB-C adapter to our a139 Pro. The headliner is held up with very strong magnets where the headliner meets the glass roof (at least on glass roof equipped MMEs) and I was able to pull it down from the magnets and run the wire that goes to the rear facing camera on the hatch.

Total install was about a half hour, with a good portion of that just making sure wires are tucked away nicely. The MME is the easiest vehicle I have added a two channel dashcam to. I use a dongar adapter for my F-150 camera as well, but routing the rear camera cable is a longer process, the MME is like "kid's first dashcam" levels of easy as long as you don't care to bother with parking recording and that which I don't think is worthwhile but obviously changes things if you need it.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
This is the best way to route the wire for the rear camera. Remove the weather strip for the door and route the wire behind it.
I powered mine from the mirror power wire, that’s before the adapter came out.

Sinclair63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium VB & 22 Select GB
Country flag
Does the unit come with everything you need to power the camera? Where did you hook it up for power?
Yes, it comes with a USB cable/12V adapter. I purchased the optional Dongar adapter mentioned earlier for better concealment.

20231125_152840.jpg

20231125_152817.jpg

vortex_walker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
The headliner is held up with very strong magnets where the headliner meets the glass roof (at least on glass roof equipped MMEs) and I was able to pull it down from the magnets and run the wire that goes to the rear facing camera on the hatch.
Can you share a picture of how you routed the cable for the rear camera? I am not able to visualize it.

OP
OP

MarkW.

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Agree on the Dongar adapter, just installed under the mirror wiring cover and used a short USB-A to USB-C adapter to our a139 Pro. The headliner is held up with very strong magnets where the headliner meets the glass roof (at least on glass roof equipped MMEs) and I was able to pull it down from the magnets and run the wire that goes to the rear facing camera on the hatch.

Total install was about a half hour, with a good portion of that just making sure wires are tucked away nicely. The MME is the easiest vehicle I have added a two channel dashcam to. I use a dongar adapter for my F-150 camera as well, but routing the rear camera cable is a longer process, the MME is like "kid's first dashcam" levels of easy as long as you don't care to bother with parking recording and that which I don't think is worthwhile but obviously changes things if you need it.

OP
OP

MarkW.

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks all. And Volnux--" the MME is like a "kid's first dashcam" level"--that's me!
Sponsored