mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Its a Mustang - gotta drive with the windows down and stereo full blast ?
Will the ability to put the top down and become a convertible be in the next OTA update? ;)
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I need these desperately! I had the in channel weather tech ones on my last car for 5 years. Can’t live without them, but I’ve never had ones that stick on the outside of the car.

do they feel like they are stuck on there pretty well? Are they kind of transparent or a solid Black? I can’t tell from looking at the picture on my phone. My other ones blended in perfectly with the tint of the window. I would like the same.
I put the Ford ones on my Super Duty many years ago and they stick pretty well.....for the first 2-3 years. Then they started to peel away and flap up against the vehicle at speed then eventually shattered leaving remnants of plastic and tape on the rubber window trim.

I won't use that kind again. It will be the in-channel kind or nothing at all. Keep in mind that I am in AZ so the sun is brutal on stuff like that. Might work fine in other areas....

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Never understood purpose of these wind/rain deflector's.
Two cases where they really help.
  • When parking in extreme heat and oppressive sunshine, lets you leave a window open a crack to keep the car cooler, while at the same keep freak rainstorm from getting in.
  • When it's raining but the temps are fairly cool, lets you shut off A/C and not fog up all the windows.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I put the Ford ones on my Super Duty many years ago and they stick pretty well.....for the first 2-3 years. Then they started to peel away and flap up against the vehicle at speed then eventually shattered leaving remnants of plastic and tape on the rubber window trim.

I won't use that kind again. It will be the in-channel kind or nothing at all. Keep in mind that I am in AZ so the sun is brutal on stuff like that. Might work fine in other areas....
Mine lasted 6 years on my C-Max (also in AZ). No problems. These are much nicer than the ones for C-Max.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Another use case is smokers wanting to not hot box their car.

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Looks nice ? I like the design ... only question I have is you all hearing very bad wind noise to need it?

and what would cause you to hear bad wind noise and others not so much? I start to hear a bit of wind noise after 77-78+ mph below that and is very quiet..

As for water getting on the driver and passenger side windows I think that may help a great ? deal because every time going about 80mph when I spray the front windshield the washer fluid gets to the side windows ..

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
Never understood purpose of these wind/rain deflector's.

For me it ruins the look of the vehicle.

When you have air conditioning and heat, there is no reason to open the windows.

Dan
They are essential for me in the PNW. I leave the windows cracked for the dogs but don’t want the rain getting in. If Ford adds Dog Mode then yes that might change my mind...but by now I like the look and extra tinting for odd sun angles.

Mike16

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag
I ordered a kit but return them because it was too big, hiding too much visibility, I really like wind deflector but will wait for a smaller kit.

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
OK - this might be a dumb question...

Does the 'Kit' consist of Deflectors for 2 windows or all 4?

Thinking of ordering but not sure if I need 1 or 2...

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
OK - this might be a dumb question...

Does the 'Kit' consist of Deflectors for 2 windows or all 4?

Thinking of ordering but not sure if I need 1 or 2...

ericNdfw

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ericsmalling.com
Vehicles
`21 MME Prem 4X w/GTPE wheels,`22 Hyundai Palisade
Occupation
Solutions Architect (software)
Country flag
I never liked those, but to save on electrons going to HVAC I might consider it.
I seem to remember stats on the Gen 1 Chevy Volt showing that, at highway speeds, the aerodynamic losses with windows down reduced range about the same as running the AC at it's coolest setting. I'd assume that's probably true of the MME too.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Yes, this is true. Only people I know personally that have these deflectors smoke.
Yup. When I see these all I can imagine is the smell inside. Not a good look personally but to each their own.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I got them with the hopes that there would be a large enough overhang that I could leave the windows open in the summer heat to keep the cabin from getting too hot while still keeping the rain out in the event of an unexpected storm. Unfortunately they are pretty tight to the glass so not a lot of overhang, but its still seems to allow enough convection to get the worst out of the car.

They also do a nice job of getting a little extra sun shade while driving in the morning or later afternoon.
Sponsored