TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hard to tell just how much from these pictures, but the second shot does seem to show a big difference between the nature of the light through the roof versus the side and rear windows.
It is hard to tell. The headrest does show some muted direct rays, but the other pics show the way I'd like it to be -- no direct rays.
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
It's strange, but a lot of the photos of the interior of these test cars look gray instead of black. It could just be lighting, but when you look at the order photos online (and yeah, those may be CGI) they look more BLACK. But in those too, the headliner is lighter. Guess we will have to wait.
On the GT build, the posts are black and the very top looks med-dark gray. Of course those pics have no glass roof option for the GT yet. the pics here above are fugly beige. The other models on the config are a very light color, either light gray or beige, so different from the GT I guess. Another reason to hold out for the GT next year.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
It is hard to tell. The headrest does show some muted direct rays, but the other pics show the way I'd like it to be -- no direct rays.
I'm not sure what you mean by "no direct rays."
The glass treatment can reduce the amount of light coming in, or filter color or other light spectrum (like UV light). However, if it blocks all "direct rays," you can't see out of it at all. That's what eyesight is -- light rays coming through and hitting your eyes. If you expect no direct rays of light through the glass, you need a completely opaque or metal roof.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
It looks like it could go either way. Maybe the EU spec has a dark liner and NA gets beige ?. I prefer the black, but either way is fine, just get it here.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Interior glamour shots 1596810099433

Ford Mustang Mach-E Interior glamour shots 1596810140510

Ford Mustang Mach-E Interior glamour shots 1596810216173

Ford Mustang Mach-E Interior glamour shots 1596810273342

Ford Mustang Mach-E Interior glamour shots 1596810384919

Ford Mustang Mach-E Interior glamour shots 1596810433396

Ford Mustang Mach-E Interior glamour shots 1596810510660

Ford Mustang Mach-E Interior glamour shots 1596810570311

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm not sure what you mean by "no direct rays."
The glass treatment can reduce the amount of light coming in, or filter color or other light spectrum (like UV light). However, if it blocks all "direct rays," you can't see out of it at all. That's what eyesight is -- light rays coming through and hitting your eyes. If you expect no direct rays of light through the glass, you need a completely opaque or metal roof.
Maybe "direct" isn't the perfect term, but I mean where you actually have defined shadows. The more defined that light/dark line is, the brighter and more pronounced the sun will be when in your eyes. Even contrast on the interior which can be distracting. I guess the better word is "diffused".

Having said that, the rays/shadow lines through the roof do look fairly well muted there. Impressive to be able to see out that clearly and still have it that muted coming in. Still though, I hope it's enough. Pictures can be deceiving, especially capturing brightness levels.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Last one...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Interior glamour shots 1596810913743

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
It is interesting that the Tweet containing these pictures has been deleted. Wonder if Florian Frischmuth didn't like getting that much attention.
He also removed it from LinkedIn (he'd posted to both places). But the post with the exterior picture remains.

?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Don't like the light colored headliner. Which modles get the black headliner?
I am not sure it clear - this question was asked before - when you look at the images shown in the build configurator , the lighter seats show lighter interior but some of the posted images all show gray irrespective of seat colors picked - perhaps there are different versions but not clear at all.

Marlund

First Name
Marlund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache
Country flag
Doesn't look like a shade will be available for the roof?

RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
He also removed it from LinkedIn (he'd posted to both places). But the post with the exterior picture remains.

?
Pure speculation: He was asked to take them down due to the confusion they presented based on colors and window sizes. Didn't want to seem misleading.
Sponsored