Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Impala
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
So when I converted my reservation into an order I didn’t modify my order at all, so I didn’t add the interior protection package. I didn’t realize that was an option until after submitting my order. I’m guessing there’s a possibility of calling my dealer to update my order, but it would be a lot easier to just buy it separately at the time I buy the car. Do you think that will be an option? Or will that interior protection package only come from the factory at that time?
Sponsored

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
So when I converted my reservation into an order I didn’t modify my order at all, so I didn’t add the interior protection package. I didn’t realize that was an option until after submitting my order. I’m guessing there’s a possibility of calling my dealer to update my order, but it would be a lot easier to just buy it separately at the time I buy the car. Do you think that will be an option? Or will that interior protection package only come from the factory at that time?
Without a doubt you will be able to order from\thru the dealer after the fact once it is available in their catalog. It is listed as a "dealer installed" option.

OP
OP

MachE2021

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Impala
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Without a doubt you will be able to order from\thru the dealer after the fact once it is available in their catalog. It is listed as a "dealer installed" option.
Thanks!

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
As noted by others, you should be able to order the mats at the time you buy the car (or possibly before). It is possible (likely?) it will be treated as a parts order so could take a while to get depending on inventory. It is likely that WeatherTech will have their mats available within a couple of months of release of the car. Many of us feel that the WeatherTech mats provide better quality (and often better fit) than original equipment. If you are one of "us" from a snowy region, WeatherTech offers mats with lips fitted to the floor that will hold the melted snow (or mud for you mudders) rather than let it run onto the carpet. Of course, the Ford mats might be wonderful--guess we need to wait and see but wanted to make you aware of another possible option. https://www.weathertech.com

OP
OP

MachE2021

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Impala
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
As noted by others, you should be able to order the mats at the time you buy the car (or possibly before). It is possible (likely?) it will be treated as a parts order so could take a while to get depending on inventory. It is likely that WeatherTech will have their mats available within a couple of months of release of the car. Many of us feel that the WeatherTech mats provide better quality (and often better fit) than original equipment. If you are one of "us" from a snowy region, WeatherTech offers mats with lips fitted to the floor that will hold the melted snow (or mud for you mudders) rather than let it run onto the carpet. Of course, the Ford mats might be wonderful--guess we need to wait and see but wanted to make you aware of another possible option. https://www.weathertech.com
Great point! I may just wait until WeatherTech releases theirs. I had their mats in a previous car while living in Minnesota and I appreciated the deep grooves to hold the melted snow. Although I now live in San Diego where water/mud isn’t really an issue, but I still may prefer their mats.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
As part of the Ford Pass rewards program, I believe you can also use that towards Ford accessories like the mats.
EDIT: I guess my salient point was that you get a bunch of rewards when you buy the car.

Last edited:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Mach E Interior Protection Package spotted in Vancouver:
We saw this earlier:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Interior protection package floor mats-Sept2020

Now they've been seen for real:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Interior protection package mustang-mach-e-rapid-red-british-columbia-3-jpg.2751

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Yes your dealer can add that - I added it via my dealer too as I was not sure if these would be available right away at the dealer or ford online store. I am sure weathertech will make them soon but wont have the Pony images :)

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
What happened to the Pony??
Yeah I was so looking forward to the Ponys - otherwise weathertech quality might be thicker (based on my other vehicle purchases from them)

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Mach E Interior Protection Package spotted in Vancouver:
We saw this earlier:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Interior protection package mustang-mach-e-rapid-red-british-columbia-3-jpg.2751

Now they've been seen for real:

Nice. Really glad there isnt another pony. Was starting to become a stampede.

I wonder what the story is with the 4 pictograms?