Is there a way to correct map data (incorrect address etc)

redgrandam

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Select
Country flag
I normally use Apple Maps, but use built in sometimes for charging preconditioning.

In the handful of times I’ve used it, I’ve noticed lots of errors in the map data. One place that has been somewhere for years wasn’t even listed, and even worse, a hospital address has a typo in it. It should be ‘east’ on the road but they have it entered as ‘west’. Anyone using that to navigate to that hospital will be taken to the complete other end of the city from it.

Any way to edit or correct things like this?
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
my street and actually the whole development that i live on was put into service three years ago. the Ford map shows nothing there. I'm not sure why they don't pass out updated maps.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
My daughter used to work for one of the companies who provide map and POI information to customers like Garmin. She said she sometimes had to upload her corrections a dozen times or more before they showed up in their internal beta platform apps, and that rolling it out to the general user base often took months or years. She also said that commercial POI information for clients who were paying Garmin to be included, like Safeway stores or Starbucks shop's locations, got uploaded and updated to the world 10 times faster than things like the existence of new streets or address corrections. Go figure.