Issues with service job. Need confirmation.

WJKramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
Hey everyone. Brought my 21 GT into service at my local dealer who I purchased from. The plan was to get the HVBJB recall done and a few CSPs like the charge cord stuck and door sensors reprogram taken care of. Made the appointment 1 month in advance to ensure they had the parts lined up. I called a week ahead and they said everything is ready to go, would take a full day of work. Brought the car on Monday and wasn't offered a loaner, no big deal it was only 1 day and I live close by. Towards the end of the day I got a call saying they are still working on it and would finish tomorrow. I checked the ford pass app throughout the day and the car hadn't reported battery level since I dropped it off. Also my Apple AIrTag showed it never left the sport I parked it at. Same thing happened day 2. I called and they said they were having an issue getting an update to take and would need it a third day. Same deal with the Ford Pass app and AirTag. It had been pouring rain for a few days so I doubt they were doing any work in the parking lot on it. I told them I need the car on the third day or a loaner and low and behold that morning the car moved into a service bay and reported its battery level again. They called that evening saying it's ready. Showed up in the driving rain again. Service tech had already left for the day so I picked the car up and went home. Next morning took it out in the sun *finally* to wash it. The exterior was full greasy fingerprints as well and all the black plastic trim over the battery pack and 12v covering under the hood. I then realized none of the plastic trim was even seated and snapped in properly. So I went around the car and fixed it all. This is when I noticed in the front door jams had exposed yellow wiring going into the sensors that was not there before. If it was it was wrapped in tape or some type of black looming. I am brining it back by the dealer today to have them look at that but this whole thing reeks of RUSH JOB. Sucks cause until now I have always had a good experience at this dealer with multiple cars.

Can someone post a pic of inside their door jam that shows the wring so I can compare? I assume it's probably the same across models but a 21 GT would be great. It's like this on both sides. I have posted a pic below. Thanks.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Issues with service job. Need confirmation. IMG_0994
Sponsored

Jtbuster

First Name
Brian oConnor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Hey everyone. Brought my 21 GT into service at my local dealer who I purchased from. The plan was to get the HVBJB recall done and a few CSPs like the charge cord stuck and door sensors reprogram taken care of. Made the appointment 1 month in advance to ensure they had the parts lined up. I called a week ahead and they said everything is ready to go, would take a full day of work. Brought the car on Monday and wasn't offered a loaner, no big deal it was only 1 day and I live close by. Towards the end of the day I got a call saying they are still working on it and would finish tomorrow. I checked the ford pass app throughout the day and the car hadn't reported battery level since I dropped it off. Also my Apple AIrTag showed it never left the sport I parked it at. Same thing happened day 2. I called and they said they were having an issue getting an update to take and would need it a third day. Same deal with the Ford Pass app and AirTag. It had been pouring rain for a few days so I doubt they were doing any work in the parking lot on it. I told them I need the car on the third day or a loaner and low and behold that morning the car moved into a service bay and reported its battery level again. They called that evening saying it's ready. Showed up in the driving rain again. Service tech had already left for the day so I picked the car up and went home. Next morning took it out in the sun *finally* to wash it. The exterior was full greasy fingerprints as well and all the black plastic trim over the battery pack and 12v covering under the hood. I then realized none of the plastic trim was even seated and snapped in properly. So I went around the car and fixed it all. This is when I noticed in the front door jams had exposed yellow wiring going into the sensors that was not there before. If it was it was wrapped in tape or some type of black looming. I am brining it back by the dealer today to have them look at that but this whole thing reeks of RUSH JOB. Sucks cause until now I have always had a good experience at this dealer with multiple cars.

Can someone post a pic of inside their door jam that shows the wring so I can compare? I assume it's probably the same across models but a 21 GT would be great. It's like this on both sides. I have posted a pic below. Thanks.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Issues with service job. Need confirmation. IMG_0994
Quite the bad interaction on their part.
Would the the general manager involved.

OP
OP

WJKramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
Alright, so I stopped back by and they went over the car with me. There is black foam that was not pulled back over the wiring in the door jam. All good now. I just hope the rest of the car, that I can't see, went back together better right!

IMG_0999.jpeg

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Alright, so I stopped back by and they went over the car with me. There is black foam that was not pulled back over the wiring in the door jam. All good now. I just hope the rest of the car, that I can't see, went back together better right!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Issues with service job. Need confirmation. IMG_0999
Just a note that there are several threads about those wires being exposed in some cases. Glad yours could be covered.