It's finally here!

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
If you're going to use the plug 14-50 with a Grizzl-E (or anything else), you should really swap out that 60A breaker for a 50A.
Doesn't matter - @WEH is in Illinois, probably won't charge on 240V anyway.

(Apologies to those affected for making light of this crappy situation)

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
It's time for the obligatory "It's finally here!" thread.
you have been one of the most active and helpful people on here that doesn't have a ford dot com email address and I'm happy you finally have your car! ??

tmblue

First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Audi Q5, 1986 IROCZ, Mach-E
Country flag
Jealous no front plate holes..

However can you do me a favor and I'm not asking to ruin your experience.

Can you take a picture of the rear hatch drivers side where the hatch meets the bumper. Interested in the weatherstripping

Also take a picture of the front of the pano roof , driver and passenger side, at each corner?

I had the same car come in, but it's still at the dealership.

Thanks

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

Can you take a picture of the rear hatch drivers side where the hatch meets the bumper. Interested in the weatherstripping

Also take a picture of the front of the pano roof , driver and passenger side, at each corner?

Thanks
I‘ll take some pics a little later in the daylight. Do you want to see the weatherstripping where the sections of the tail light meet or along the bottom corner of the hatch? Should the hatch be open or closed?

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Thanks
Not sure if these are what you were looking for, but here you go.

Passenger Side:

Ford Mustang Mach-E It's finally here! 1616871287846

Driver's Side:

Ford Mustang Mach-E It's finally here! 1616871326169

Hatch Gasket:

Ford Mustang Mach-E It's finally here! 1616871388761

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, SR, RWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
I have to ask...what color interior do you have with that Infinite Blue and how do you like them? I've been vacillating on my seat choice color with my IB order. Congrats on getting your car!

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have to ask...what color interior do you have with that Infinite Blue and how do you like them? I've been vacillating on my seat choice color with my IB order. Congrats on getting your car!
I have the dark onyx interior, and I like it a lot. I’ve never been a fan of light colored seats, so that was never a consideration for me. I do wish the headliner was dark too, like in the First Edition. I may at least replace the A-pillar trim with black. Haven’t decided yet.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
what I want to know is how have you had time to drive the car when you're spending all your time reading the manuals? ?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Dear Mr. G. Tso,

I am tremendously happy that you've finally receive your vehicle.

You are, without a doubt, one of the forum's top contributors, if not #1. I really have appreciated seeing your posts around here. Thank you for being so excellent.

Enjoy the new ride,
Jonathan

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The frunk worked great for takeout. The kids’ food fit on the right with the cable collection, and the sophisticated grownup food slid right into the takeout compartment on the left. When I got home and opened the frunk, my nose immediately confirmed that not allowing the food to intermingle with the new car smell in the cabin was the right decision.

Ford Mustang Mach-E It's finally here! FFAC4A29-E9E1-4F3E-BF31-D8E08028A3B4

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The car arrived without a front license plate bracket even though front plates are required in Vermont. I asked the sales guy about it and he said that it didn't come with one, so it probably wasn't supposed to. I pointed out that it was listed on the window sticker, so he agreed to order one. I know that the thought of installing an OEM bracket on an unscathed bumper is sacrilege on this forum, but I actually like the look of it better than the Craig's bracket pictures I've seen. I had assumed all along that the bracket would come installed, so I never really thought about what to do if it didn't. Maybe I'll try to find some automotive sticky tape to attach it with to save the bumper from getting holes in it. I'll have to think about it.
I posted this in one of the many threads about front license plate brackets, but thought I'd post it here too in case anyone was following along. There wasn't really enough flat surface on the back of the bracket to give me confidence that trim tape would hold the bracket long term, so I decided to just commit forum blasphemy and have the dealer mount the bracket. I wondered if they would use the same plastic rivets that are installed at the factory, but the bracket kit actually came with screws for mounting. That makes sense if you need special tools for the rivets.

Ford Mustang Mach-E It's finally here! 1617822595075
Sponsored