Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
LOL! This is what is driving me nuts. I want to lift the car with a floor jack and lower it onto jack stands. You have to be crazy or stupid to get under a 5K pound hunk of steel and lithium with just a handful of cheap hydraulic fittings keeping it in the air. :D

With most cars, I'd use a central lift point, in either the front/rear of the vehicle or on the sides, and then put the jack stands on the two lift points flanking the central one. That way you can get four jack stands in place with two lifts. Its pretty efficient and not too much of a PITA. With the Mach E only having the four corner jack points, I have no idea how I would safely lift it.

Hopefully someone can show in detail the proper and safe procedure for getting the Mach E onto jack stands, because while I have been drooling over Quick Jacks for years, I'm not excited about paying for them :D
JackPoint Jack stands are an option for cars that only have the four lift points, as some do. Since our cars have support, I use the same truss bar that @markboris uses to lift the whole side, then install my modified Corvette Jack pads and then lower onto stands. I still don’t trust the car with pads and stands very much, but it seems to work fine when I try to shake the car. I haven’t been under it yet though, just rotated the tires. 🤪🐩

I might still get some JackPoint stands though. 😊🐩
Sponsored

jimitoast

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Acuras (MDX, TL), 2022 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Shepherd
Country flag
Yes it is solid.

You may have missed my earlier post in this thread but these are what I use for the Mach-E and also other cars like Mustang coupes that have pinch welds. They do not bend, break, crack, etc. They fit perfectly in the section where the Mach-E should be supported. Of course you can make your own out of wood or whatever which should work fine for the Mach-E but I lift more cars than that so it is nice to have these for various applications. https://www.quickjack.com/accessories/pinch-weld-blocks/

IMG_0297.jpeg

IMG_0299.jpeg
Just ordered a set of these. You can get them on Amazon (prime eligible):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08YH5Z7TC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for the tip!

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Has anyone found a solution similar to a "jack puck" product for the Mach-E, to make unknowing shops more aware of where to lift? I'm seeing products like this for Tesla, Rivian and Hyundai/Kia EVs.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Has anyone found a solution similar to a "jack puck" product for the Mach-E, to make unknowing shops more aware of where to lift? I'm seeing products like this for Tesla, Rivian and Hyundai/Kia EVs.
I have a set of modified rubber Corvette lift pucks in a bag in my car. Our cars are weird in that they have a pair of round holes and a pair of obround (oval) holes at their lift points. Some fool at Ford needs to be fired for that, why not keep them the same? Anyhow, the Corvette pads are made for a specific obround hole that has a smaller minor dimension than ours and a larger major dimension than ours (and it just won’t fit into the round hole). The mod is simple. Just cut one of the arms off of the ”T” with a set of diagonal cutters, and you’re ready to install. 😊🐩

The cladding helps to keep them in place so you can get a lift under them, but don’t leave them there when driving or you might lose them. 😱🐩

Ford Mustang Mach-E Jacking / Lifting Mach-E 286ABE8C-8DF3-4012-97F0-F84FE0EFB443
Ford Mustang Mach-E Jacking / Lifting Mach-E 9E96765E-181C-4524-BD39-3D3DD035509A
Ford Mustang Mach-E Jacking / Lifting Mach-E 4B4046F0-66FE-476F-997E-C0FD6B4ACC68
Ford Mustang Mach-E Jacking / Lifting Mach-E 7CDC1A74-5FC0-495E-9DA3-6839D701DC40

Last edited:

Rendar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-e RWD ER Premium
Country flag
Is there an updated version of the pdf available?
Sponsored