Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
The bill doesn't give or take anything from those who is waiting for Mach E
While I agree with the sentiment, I vote to keep it off the forum. It’s more depressing then watching Ford Tracking for updates.
Sponsored

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Posted in another thread but here's current information on EV bills from House and Senate.

Here's a compiled list of the House and Senate versions of the EV bills being proposed. This is in addition to the current $7500 that the MME qualifies for. The MME won't qualify for the US assembly or the Union Made. The House version has more restrictions; income limits, vehicle type price limits, and a 10 year time frame, but would allow for a secondary credit for Used EVs purchases that isn't currently an option under the Senate plan. The senate plan has an overall price cap of $80k per vehicle, no income limit, and doesn't expire until EV sales exceed 50% of total vehicle sales.
Screenshot_20211024-221707_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot from ZETA link to the article from Green Reports see attached screenshot or read the article here: https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1133669_ev-tax-credit-boost-how-the-versions-compare

Thanks for these, but these are just too old now.

The proposed bill went from 3.5 trillion to < 2.0 trillion and Machin might be against a lot of the climate/energy/clean fuel proposals so little/none of them may affect EVs.

We'll just have to wait till it's finalized.

Last edited:

Draconfier

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Cx-9, Mustang Mach-e GT (on order)
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Thanks for these, but these are just too old now.

The proposed bill went from 3.5 trillion to < 2.0 trillion and Machin might be against a lot of the climate/energy/clean fuel proposals so little/none of them may affect EVs.

We'll just have to wait till it's finalized.
From what I've read the EV part if the bill has gone untouched since its September variation.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
From what I've read the EV part if the bill has gone untouched since its September variation.
Assuming that’s the case it still has to go thru reconciliation

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Manchin...

Draconfier

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Assuming that’s the case it still has to go thru reconciliation
True, thats where the house vs Senate portion above is pertinent. Manchin's main issue is with the $150 Billion Clean Electricity Performance program, which incentivises the conversion of power plants from using fossil fuels to renewable energy sources or other Co2 reduction methods. (Manchin is trying to protect his interests in the coal industry) and his constituents from West Virginia who are also heavily vested in coal.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Manchin's main issue is with the $150 Billion Clean Electricity Performance program, which incentivises the conversion of power plants from using fossil fuels to renewable energy sources or other Co2 reduction methods. (Manchin is trying to protect his interests in the coal industry) and his constituents from West Virginia who are also heavily vested in coal.
I agree. He is only a politician after all (priority 1 is re-election), certainly not a statesman (placing the public interest above his own). I wonder if his family will appreciate his legacy a few years down the road? But he is the one getting the present publicity. There are a couple of hundred others in Congress who are just as self-focused and short-sighted.

I have solar+storage, 2 ev's (1 is a CaRt1!), household heat pump, but there are still many things I could/should do regardless of tax credits and incentives. We all have much more we could be doing, but kudo's to all who currently own/operate energy efficient transportation that also minimizes our contribution to Climate Change!

Draconfier

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I agree. He is only a politician after all (priority 1 is re-election), certainly not a statesman (placing the public interest above his own). I wonder if his family will appreciate his legacy a few years down the road? But he is the one getting the present publicity. There are a couple of hundred others in Congress who are just as self-focused and short-sighted.

I have solar+storage, 2 ev's (1 is a CaRt1!), household heat pump, but there are still many things I could/should do regardless of tax credits and incentives. We all have much more we could be doing, but kudo's to all who currently own/operate energy efficient transportation that also minimizes our contribution to Climate Change!
If you read up on Manchin, besides the money he makes, his son runs a company that he was basically given by Manchin that is Coal, the guy like most politicians is shady.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Jan 2022 Delivery - Fed Tax Credit Screenshot_20211026-101113_Chrome
https://www.salon.com/2021/10/02/jo...-donations-from-fossil-fuel-industry_partner/

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I think Manchin is just representing his state's interest which is sorta expected.

I've read W. Virginia still gets 94% of their energy from coal....but coal is getting more expensive so residents have to pay a lot more for power there now since coal prices have gone up a lot.

Natural gas is cheaper and less polluting I hear, but eventually, this is going to be an issue for W. Virginia residents (I'm sure some members here are from there?). A lot of other states have already started transitioning away from coal because of that. I think even Manchin knows that coal is dying, but his words were something like he has no interest in speeding it up further...maybe that's the get it while I still can mindset, but we're all waiting with bated breath on this thing...

If folks can get $7500 off a Tesla, it might make some folks jump ship (unless Tesla just raises prices by $7500 immediately). Hertz just did a 100000 Tesla order and delays are already pushed out till May (MY) / June (M3 SR+) now I saw.

Edit: I did notice you can get the MY Performance this year and the M3 LR/P this year too. Looks like Tesla is trying to steer people away from the lowest cost models.
Sponsored

Last edited: