Journey reports, does anyone find these useful?

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
I was looked at these reports a few times. Seems like my braking is always great but if I make a turn at anything more than 2 mph or accelerate at anything more than a crawl it flags me for rapid acceleration or rapid or moderate cornering. So basically unless you're a 90 year old lady you're going to get the same report every time.
Sponsored

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
It was fun to check them for about two days, disabled it after that.

jojomontag

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Mine tells me I turned when I didn't (shows a turn in the middle of a straight street)... so, yeah, useless...

Last edited:

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
To me it's another half-implemented feature.

I suspect they wanted to build something like TeslaFi (3rd party website for Teslas) - which tracks drives and records all stats (kWh used, inside + outside temperature, incline, average + max speed, kWh per mile, cold vs. warm estimated miles, start and end kWh, etc.). Eventually it will get there but hopefully they don't abandon it.

I stole this TeslaFi image from another site (person blocked out the map and addresses):
Ford Mustang Mach-E Journey reports, does anyone find these useful? 1637390164681

It's useful in predicting cost of journeys and how weather/incline affects your efficiency. There's a neat time graph to show when the car is sleeping or awake

Ford Mustang Mach-E Journey reports, does anyone find these useful? 1637390302497

I used it for a few weeks when I owned a Model Y. I found the car waking up more than I expected for either OTA updates, Sentry, etc. There was about 1 kWh vampire drain a day. Some of it was caused by TeslaFi pinging the car for data (there's a setting to let the car sleep in certain hours).

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Here's how "great" Journeys is. First, I took a drive on Friday morning. The trip down was 36.2 miles. Back was 34.8. One of them initially didn't show. On the trip down, there are 115 insights. I got a 25% excellent, 18% moderate, and 57% harsh. On the trip back, it says I'm missing out on driving insights... Pretty useless, yes.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I think Journeys is a great idea but it lacks two things I'd really like to know: kWh used and efficiency.

Also, it used to work with CarPlay. Now it only somewhat works with CarPlay. The only way to get full data is to turn off CarPlay and connect via Applink. That's too much of a pain for a half-baked feature.
Sponsored