Giterdun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reanault 4
Occupation
It
Country flag
Just put deposit down for polestar 2. Pretty impressive looking car. Hope they can deliver this year. Don't trust Ford even for a January uk delivery. Will keep deposit with them anyway, you never know.
Sponsored

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
Congratulations. The Polestar looks really nice. Keep us posted.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
For every hundred posts here in this forum, there may be one lonley post in the Polestar forum, if that. . . curious...

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
For every hundred posts here in this forum, there may be one lonley post in the Polestar forum, if that. . . curious...
Not sure that matters. Same can be said for this forum, and MME still might be a good car (it's all speculation at this point). There are hundreds of posts in the Tesla forum for every post here. Literally hundreds of posts already today :) Polestar seems really interesting!

OP
OP

Giterdun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reanault 4
Occupation
It
Country flag
Frankly, not bothered between the pair of them. Need a towbar. if Tesla 3
had a driver display that would probably be in my drive.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I'm not off the ship yet, but I doubt I am going to convert my reservation to an order in 2 weeks. I'm leaning heavily into waiting until next spring to make a decision, so I can have actual real facts about the car, true performance/range, reviews, leasing rates, and most importantly issues that early adopters are having. I'll be able to place an order then for a 2022 which I'll likely end up getting delivered late next year. I don't see the fed tax credits starting to decrease before jan 2022, so it feels like a better gamble than beta testing an early car about which I know very little other than that they are scrambling to get it out.

I will also very much consider a model 3; despite what I think of Musk the lease rates on Model 3's are fantastic due to the high resale value. It is unlikely Ford will have the same faith in their brand new model. I have always been a Ford guy but I don't really want a crossover or SUV - I prefer smaller sportier cars. I was willing to overlook the MME being a crossover because I AM a Ford guy, but I am losing faith that the Explorer debacle won't be repeated. They are clearly scrambling to deliver to their original timeline, rather than "taking the Mulligan" and postponing.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
They are clearly scrambling to deliver to their original timeline, rather than "taking the Mulligan" and postponing.
They are dammed if they do, dammed if they don't.

OP
OP

Giterdun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reanault 4
Occupation
It
Country flag
I thought 2020 was the year of the BEV here in Europe. Choice is very limited. Only choice I have for towbar is about 5 or 6 cars, and there is 1 certified and available in my price range. A model 3. Here in Europe there are rumours of no vat and now the UK are maybe about to produce a 6k scrappage fee, on bev purchases. Not sure were these Bevs are? Cant even see a kia Niro (apparently will accept a towbar, but don't tell Kia wot your up to.)
in a show room and these are out since 2018. 5k of list price on an ipace if your lucky, yet our cousins across the pond are seeing 20k off. Rant rant, moan grrrrr......
Come on Polestar, let's hit August delivery date and keep it under the 50k UK barrier.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
They are dammed if they do, dammed if they don't.
To a certain extent that is true, but one choice is more painful long term than the other. They can take the pain once with the unhappy customers who wanted their cars in 2020, or deal with protracted issues with poor quality that hurts their reputation and pisses customers off for much longer. In the case of the former, they can rightly claim the virus as culprit and garner some sympathy and understanding for circumstances clearly beyond their control. The tack they are taking is to hope that rushing into production with improvised planning and reduced staff will go swimmingly. Hope is not a strategy, and it is far more likely that there will be issues. Ford has been in the news with recalls a lot recently, and of course the lawsuit from the dual-clutch transmission. They cannot afford another public embarrassment. In the late 70's and 80's poor quality caused the decline of the american auto industry, and it took a long time to salvage a portion of that lost reputation. It just seems like rushing now is a stupid risk in lieu of a couple of months of delay.

I'm sure you've seen subpar and problematic software shoved out the door to meet a date, with the inevitable support overload and scrambling to fix issues in the field. In the end it costs far more to do it over than to do it right the first time.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
The tack they are taking is to hope that rushing into production with improvised planning and reduced staff will go swimmingly. Hope is not a strategy, and it is far more likely that there will be issues.
I have not seen coverage anywhere indicating they have been "rushing" into production. Frankly, there is so much behind the scenes that we really don't know.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have not seen coverage anywhere indicating they have been "rushing" into production. Frankly, there is so much behind the scenes that we really don't know.
fair enough.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
This past weekend, I almost picked up a 2019 Jaguar i Pace First Edition that was still new and sitting on the showroom floor. I made an offer that wasn't much more than what Ford will be asking for the extended range AWD Premium. The lowest they would take was $5k above my offer and I considered trying to meet them half way.

In the end I decided to wait to see if I will get the opportunity to convert my reservation number to a real order for an MME.......but I might not be able to wait that long. The i Pace is for sale now. The MME might be quite a wait still....

Decisions....

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 GTPE
Country flag
In the US, at reservation stage, was the MME said to be delivered late 2020, early 2021 or Fall 2020?

Just trying to understand how much of an actual delay, if any, US customers are expecting. Iā€™m confused by people saying they canā€™t wait, when to me it looks like, at most, a 2 month delay in some instances, no delay in another and an earlier than expected delivery for those who were anticipating a European delivery priority. Why would anyone reserve a car called a 2021 Mustang Mach E if a winter 2020 delivery was always going to be too late?

OP
OP

Giterdun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reanault 4
Occupation
It
Country flag
i just moved from Europe back to N ireland. Bought a banger, 2011 peugeot 207 to see me through, until i sorted a decent car. The flamin thing is breaking my heart, mostly in 3rd gear out of 5 it is so lame. So I am pretty desperate to make a BEV purchase. 40k sterling was my budget, just upped it by 10k for the Polestar. would have been happy with an E corsa, E208 or similar, which are available. But towbar for light duty is essential. Was even considering keeping the banger for towing., or a hybrid.

ccarpen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I Pace
Country flag
i just moved from Europe back to N ireland. Bought a banger, 2011 peugeot 207 to see me through, until i sorted a decent car. The flamin thing is breaking my heart, mostly in 3rd gear out of 5 it is so lame. So I am pretty desperate to make a BEV purchase. 40k sterling was my budget, just upped it by 10k for the Polestar. would have been happy with an E corsa, E208 or similar, which are available. But towbar for light duty is essential. Was even considering keeping the banger for towing., or a hybrid.
Polestar 2 on the road price of Ā£49,900 doesn't include PiCG of Ā£3k, so you're looking at increase of Ā£7k to your original BEV budget. If you're lucky, you might also qualify for the Ā£6k trade-in, but suspect you'll need to own the banger for more than a few months. Hopefully find out more on this by 6 July.
Sponsored