Jumping ship, i think.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Here's another article on it. This seems to come directly from the memo to dealers:
https://fordauthority.com/2019/12/ford-mustang-mach-e-will-be-eligible-for-ford-plan-pricing/

Also, the dealer invoice is fixed, as discussed in these articles and here:
https://fordauthority.com/2019/12/ford-bans-dealers-from-advertising-mustang-mach-e-under-msrp/
It's not clear if the "e-invoice" is actually the dealer invoice. Something tells me that dealers are going to push the narrative that X-plan is as good as it's gonna get otherwise it's MSRP for everyone.

Mustang Club of America membership rolls are gonna grow from Mach-E buyers.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Giterdun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reanault 4
Occupation
It
Country flag
Here in UK, first thing a dealer asks you is what year is your car. Saying December 2020 will devalue the car by a year compared to Jan 2021. Same with private sale.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Here in UK, first thing a dealer asks you is what year is your car. Saying December 2020 will devalue the car by a year compared to Jan 2021. Same with private sale.
This is interesting to me. In North America, model years are determined by the manufacturer and not the date the car was manufactured nor by the date the car was newly sold. For example, my Subaru Outback is a 2015 model year that was manufactured in November 2014. I would think that would hold true in the UK and EU?

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
This is interesting to me. In North America, model years are determined by the manufacturer and not the date the car was manufactured nor by the date the car was newly sold. For example, my Subaru Outback is a 2015 model year that was manufactured in November 2014. I would think that would hold true in the UK and EU?
Exactly. Taking delivery of a 2021 MME in December of 2020 versus taking delivery of a 2021 MME in February of 2021 will have no effect on its resale value.

OP
OP

Giterdun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reanault 4
Occupation
It
Country flag
Here in UK, cars and bike's do have a model year. Most of general public would be quite ignorant of this. Crazy considering updates etc to new model year. The year it is registered to be first driven on the road by an owner is more important. When you are queried about what year your vehicle is, you state, its registered date and not model year. You try telling a dealer that your registered 2020 car is model year 2021 and you want it valued as a 2021 vehicle.
In fact most model years , for the next year come out in September or there abouts.
Sponsored